An Enviable Location: The Pacific Northwest
George Fox University is located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, home to lush green valleys, breath-taking vineyards, the Cascade Mountain Range, and the splendor of the Pacific Ocean. Once you’re here, you’ll have plenty to explore: Oregon is 96,981 square miles of diverse geographical features, ranging from the valleys, ocean and mountains of the west to the high-desert country in the eastern part of the state. Newberg, home to George Fox, is situated along the Willamette River, between the Oregon Coast and the spectacular Cascade Mountains. Whatever your interest, it’s probably just a short drive away.
- 45 minutes to the vibrant cultural life of Portland
- 60 minutes to the Pacific Ocean
- 90 minutes to the slopes of Mt. Hood
Our Home: Newberg
More world-class attractions in Oregon:
Portland offers a wide variety of cultural, shopping, and entertainment opportunities. Among the attractions: Saturday Market, scenic gardens and walkways, and annual festivals that include the Bite of Portland and the Rose Festival. Other must-experience attractions include:
- Powell’s City of Books in Portland is “probably the world’s greatest bookstore” according to the Seattle Times.
- The Columbia River Gorge attracts windsurfers from around the globe.
- Smith Rock State Park in Central Oregon boasts 1,400 climbing routes.
- Multnomah Falls, 45 minutes from Newberg, is the second highest year-round waterfall in the United States,
plummeting 620 feet.
Among the area’s many bike routes is the Willamette Valley Scenic Bikeway, a 130-mile trek that showcases the region’s agricultural landscape and the sites where Oregon history was made.