George Fox Evangelical Seminary holds memberships in organizations that enable us to fulfill our mission.
Christians for Biblical Equality
Christians for Biblical Equality (CBE) is a nonprofit organization of Christian men and women who believe that the Bible, properly interpreted, teaches the fundamental equality of men and women of all ethnic groups, all economic classes, and all age groups, based on the teachings of Scriptures such as Galatians 3:28: “There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, neither male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus” (TNIV).
Evangelicals for Social Action
Evangelicals for Social Action (ESA) is an association of Christians seeking to promote Christian engagement, analysis, and understanding of major social, cultural, and public-policy issues. ESA emphasizes both the transformation of human lives through personal faith and also the importance of a commitment to social and economic justice as an outgrowth of Christian faith.
The Association for Clinical Pastoral Education
The Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE) provides training in pastoral care under the auspices of officially accredited clinical-training centers. This association is the standard-setting, certifying, and accrediting agency in the field of pastoral education in the United States, with many accredited centers throughout the states. Several such centers are in Oregon: Legacy Health System, Oregon State Hospital, Providence/Portland Medical Center, and Veterans Affairs Medical Center. Because of their proximity, these centers provide opportunities for accredited clinical training for seminary students.
The American Theological Library Association
The American Theological Library Association (ATLA) is a professional association of individual, institutional, and affiliate members providing programs, products, and services in support of theological and religious studies libraries and librarians.
In addition to these memberships, the seminary maintains affiliation with the following organizations:
- The Association for Doctor of Ministry Education
- Ecclesia Network
- Evangelical Spiritual Directors Association
- The John Wesley Seminary Foundation
- Leadership Catalyst
- NAAITS - North American Institute for Indigenous Theological Studies
- Wesleyan/Holiness Women Clergy
- Willow Creek Association
Faculty are active in the following professional associations:
- American Anthropological Association
- The American Academy of Religion
- The American Schools of Oriental Research
- American Society of Church History
- American Society of Missiology
- Association of Professors of Mission
- The Association of Teaching Theologians of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- Christian Management Association
- Conference on Faith and History
- The Dorothy L. Sayers Society
- Ecumenical Association of Third World Theologians
- The Evangelical Theological Society
- The Institute for Biblical Research
- National Association of Baptist Professors of Religion
- Peace and Safety in the Christian Home
- The Society of Biblical Literature
- Spiritual Directors International
- The Wesleyan Theological Society
- Women's Leadership Development Institute (CCCU)