How To Apply
Now accepting applications for Fall 2017. Applications will remain open until space is filled.
- Due date for Fall: June 1 for fall semester (September) admission consideration
We use a rolling application process. You are welcome to apply now for a start date next semester.
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Create an account and fill out an online application. Submission will require a $40 non-refundable application fee.
- Send official (unopened) transcripts
- Order official transcripts from every college or university where you completed even a single course. Send transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
12753 SW 68th Ave.
Portland, OR 97223
- International students
- There are additional admission requirements for international students.
- Apply for aid (Optional)
- Apply for federal student aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form online. George Fox University's school code is 003194. Please contact your Financial Aid Counselor for more information about costs and financial aid.
After Your Application is Complete
Director of Graduate Admissions Patrick Kelley will notify you when your application is complete. The admissions committee will review your complete application file and invite qualified applicants to a phone, personal or group interview. Following the interview, the committee will notify applicants of its decision to admit, deny or defer admittance into your program of choice.
If you are admitted to Portland Seminary, then you will be required to submit a $200 enrollment deposit by the date provided by your admissions counselor. This deposit guarantees your place in the program and typically covers the graduation fee applied to your student account in the last semester of your degree program. You will not be able to register for classes until the university has received your deposit.
Incoming Masters Students: Threshold 2017
Orientation Event For All Masters Program Students Cohort 2017
This is a mandatory three-day event for students entering the Master of Divinity, Master of Arts in Ministry, Master of Arts in Theological Studies, or Master of Arts in Spiritual Direction degree programs in the fall 2017 semester.
The schedule for Threshold is as follows:
Incoming Doctor of Ministry Students
To prepare for your program start, choose the appropriate link below:
- Leadership and Global Perspectives DMin, Preparing for the First Semester
- Leadership and Spiritual Formation DMin, Preparing for the First Semester
- Semiotics and Future Studies DMin, Preparing for the First Semester
Have a question?
Contact your admissions counselor if you have any questions about applying: