How To Apply
Now accepting applications for fall 2016. Applications will remain open until space is filled.
- Nov. 1 for Spring Semester (January) admission consideration
- June 1 for Fall Semester (September) admission consideration
We use a rolling application process. You are welcome to apply now for a start date next semester.
How to Apply
- Complete an application: Create an account and fill out an online application. Submission will require a $40 non-refundable application fee.
- Official (unopened) transcripts: Order official transcripts from every college or university where you completed even a single course. Send transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
George Fox Evangelical Seminary
12753 SW 68th Ave.
Portland, OR 97223
- International students: Additional requirements for international students are online here.
- Optional: Apply for federal student aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form online. George Fox University's school code is 003194. Please contact your Financial Aid Counselor for more information about costs and financial aid.
After Your Application Is Complete
Director of Graduate Admissions Patrick Kelley will notify you when your application is complete. The admissions committee will review your complete application file and invite qualified applicants to a phone, personal, or group interview. Following the interview, the committee will notify applicants of its decision to admit, deny, or defer admittance into your program of choice.
If you are admitted to the George Fox Evangelical Seminary, then you will be required to submit a $200 enrollment deposit by the date provided by your admissions counselor. This deposit guarantees your place in the program and typically covers the graduation fee applied to your student account in the last semester of your degree program. Please review the Student Financial Services page concerning the Enrollment Deposit. You will not be able to register for classes until the university has received your deposit.
Incoming Masters Students: Threshold 2016
Orientation Event for the Online Learning Community (OLC) Cohort 2016
This is a mandatory three-day event for online learning community students entering the Master of Divinity, Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership, Master of Arts in Spiritual Formation degree programs in fall 2016.
The schedule for Threshold is as follows:
Tuesday, August TBD, 2016
Wednesday, August TBD, 2016
Thursday, August TBD, 2016
|1 p.m. - 8 p.m.||8 a.m. - 8 p.m.||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
Incoming Doctor of Ministry Students
To prepare for your program start, follow the appropriate link below:
- Leadership and Global Perspectives DMin, Preparing for the First Semester
- Leadership and Spiritual Formation DMin, Preparing for the First Semester
- Semiotics and Future Studies DMin, Preparing for the First Semester
Have a question?
Contact your admissions counselor if you have any questions about applying: