How To Apply
- Now accepting applications for fall 2014. Applications will remain open until space is filled.
- November 1st for SPRING (January) admission consideration
- April 1st for SUMMER (May) admission consideration
We use a rolling application process. You are welcome to apply now for a start date next semester.
How to Apply
- Complete an application: Create an account and fill out an online application. Submission will require a $40 non-refundable application fee. The online application is recommended to expedite processing, but you may instead complete and return the PDF version of the application: master's degree application or DMin application
- Admission essays: Respond to prompts included on the application form. Send essays to email@example.com.
- Submit three references: Download and carefully follow directions included on each fillable reference form.
- Official (unopened) transcripts: Order official transcripts from every college or university where you completed even a single course. Send transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
George Fox Evangelical Seminary
12753 SW 68th Ave.
Portland, OR 97223
- Résumé: Email a copy of your professional résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- International students: Additional requirements for international students are online here.
- Optional: Apply for federal student aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form online. George Fox University's school code is 003194. Please contact your Financial Aid Counselor for more information about costs and financial aid.
After Your Application Is Complete
Admissions counselor Trenton Corvino will notify you when your application is complete. The admissions committee will review your complete application file and invite qualified applicants to a phone, personal, or group interview. Following the interview, the committee will notify applicants of its decision to admit, deny, or defer admittance into your program of choice.
If you are admitted to the George Fox Evangelical Seminary, then you will be required to submit a $200 enrollment deposit by the date provided by your admissions counselor. This deposit guarantees your place in the program and typically covers the graduation fee applied to your student account in the last semester of your degree program. Please review the Student Financial Services page concerning the Enrollment Deposit. You will not be able to register for classes until the university has received your deposit.
Orientation Event for the Online Learning Community (OLC) Cohort 2014
This is a mandatory three-day event for online learning community students entering the Master of Divinity, Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership, Master of Arts in Spiritual Formation degree programs in fall 2014.
The schedule for Threshold is as follows:
|Tuesday, August 19, 2014||Wednesday, August 20, 2014||Thursday, August 21, 2014|
|1 p.m. - 8 p.m.||8 a.m. - 8 p.m.||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
Have a question?
Contact your admissions counselor if you have any questions about applying: