Master's Degree - Portland
Application Requirements for Local Learning Communities (LLC)
Before your file can be reviewed by the admissions committee, it must contain:
- Application Form
- Non-refundable $40 Application Fee
- Three recommendations as indicated on the application using the forms provided
- An official transcript from each college, university, or seminary attended. (If a baccalaureate program is in progress, a final transcript indicating receipt of the degree must be furnished before the applicant may matriculate.)
- Completed Applicant Admission Statement
- Current Professional Résumé
Degree Guide Sheets
- Now accepting applications for fall 2014. Applications will remain open until space is filled.
- November 1st for SPRING (January) admission consideration
- April 1st for SUMMER (May) admission consideration
We use a rolling application process. You are welcome to apply now for a starting date next semester.
How To Apply
- Apply Online: Create an account with a username and password and complete the Seminary application online here. Submitting the online application will require a $40 nonrefundable application fee. We encourage students to apply online to expedite processing, but a PDF version of the application is also available online here.
- Official (Unopened) Transcripts: Order official transcripts from every regionally accredited college or university where you completed even a single course. Transcripts should be sent to the address below:
- Three References: Please download fillable reference forms and carefully follow directions included in each form.
- Résumé: Email a copy of your professional résumé to email@example.com.
- Admission Essay: Two to three pages, double-spaced, addressing prompt included on the Application Form. Send essay to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Optional: Apply for federal student aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The George Fox University school code is 003194. Full-time students are encouraged to ask for scholarship application forms. Eligibility depends on the number of credits taken, grade point average, and need. Aid is calculated after you have been accepted. Contact Student Financial Services for more information.
Once Your Application is Complete
The admissions committee will review your complete application file and invite qualified applicants to a phone, personal, or group interview. Following the interview, the committee will notify applicants of its decision to admit, deny, or defer admittance into your program of choice.
If you are admitted to the George Fox Evangelical Seminary, then you are required to submit a $200 enrollment deposit by the date provided by your admissions counselor. This deposit guarantees your place in the program and typically covers the graduation fee applied to your student account in the last semester of your degree program. Please review the Student Financial Services page concerning the Enrollment Deposit.
Contact your admissions counselor for more information about the Master of Divinity program: