Announcement of ATS Comprehensive Accreditation Visit
Every seminary and graduate school of theology that the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (see Association of Theological Schools) accredits must undergo an extensive self-study process prior to the site visit conducted by the ATS Comprehensive Accreditation Committee. As an ATS-member school, George Fox Evangelical Seminary will be hosting a comprehensive accreditation visit February 15 - 18, 2016. The Self-Study and the accreditation visit present the seminary with an opportunity to assess how well it is is conducting itself with respect to the ATS General Institutional Standards, Educational Standard, and the Degree Program Standards, and to make recommendations for next steps for improvement.
Section VII.A.4 of the ATS Commission on Accrediting Procedures requires that, “In preparation for an evaluation visit, a school shall advertise to its constituencies at least 60 days prior to the visit that it is receiving an evaluation committee and invite comment in writing to the school and/or to the Commission concerning the institution’s qualifications for accreditation. These comments will be available to the evaluation committee. The evaluation committee may also include an open hearing scheduled during the course of the visit.”
We invite your comments to George Fox Evangelical Seminary's 2016 Self-Study Report, which summarizes and evaluates the seminary's unfolding history since its last site visit in 2006, and offers a series of recommendations to improve itself in the future. All comments will be available to the evaluation committee on February 15 - 18, 2016. Please send your comments to Dr. Loren Kerns, chairperson of the seminary's institutional Self-Study. You can also mail your comments to: Attn: ATS Evaluation, George Fox Evangelical Seminary, 12753 S.W. 68th Ave. Portland, OR 97223.
Steering Committee Members
Chairperson: Loren Kerns, Director of Seminary Operations and Director of the Doctor of Ministry Program
- Chuck Conniry, Vice President and Dean of George Fox Evangelical Seminary
- Darla Samuelson, Director of Seminary Master's Programs
- Paul Almquist, Director of the Friends Center
- Don Carter, Seminary Board of Regents
- Chris Hill, Seminary Board of Regents
- MaryKate Morse, Faculty, Professor of Leadership and Spiritual Formation
- Steve Overman, Seminary Board of Regents
- Rob Robinson, alumnus, Doctor of Ministry program
- Hannah Souter, alumna, Masters in Ministry Leadership program
- Curtis Strauss, Present, Seminary Board of Regents
- Mark Strong, Seminary Board of Regents
- Trisha Welstad, Director of the Center for Transformational Leadership (Free Methodist Center)
George Fox Evangelical Seminary (of George Fox University) is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) in the United States and Canada. In addition to ATS, George Fox University is accredited by the Northwest Commission of Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).