Introducing: Community Life at GFES!
Beginning in academic year 2012-13, the seminary faculty and staff has approved up to three student positions to facilitate community among the local seminary students. We hope that these positions will enhance the student experience for the local learning community at the seminary.
Community Life Facilitator
The Community Life Facilitator will be responsible for organizing and overseeing the intentional campus community. Responsibilities include:
- Overall organizational vision and administration for community
- Regular reports to the seminary faculty and team meetings
- Communication weekly with students via email and ad hoc in association with the seminary social media network
- Planning, organizing and administering the seminary chapels
- Advocate for special interest groups at the seminary
- Assist with all student events and preparation, particularly the new student orientation, hooding, MiCC seminars, Online Learning Community face-to-face time and the BIST/CHTH bi-annual Koi Fusion excursion.
Commitment: ASAP-May 15, average of 6-8 hours per week, though these hours may be distributed unevenly.
Community Life Coordinators (up to 2 openings)
The “events coordinator” responsible for assisting with all preparations for
- Support and implement vision and administration for community
- Seminary orientations
- New student welcome mixer with current students
- Hooding and commencement
- Other seminary events (chapels/MiCC, the BIST/CHTH bi-annual Koi Fusion excursion etc).
Commitment: ASAP- May 15, average of 4 hours per week, though these hours may be distributed unevenly.
Each position is a terminal 8-month commitment. Fulltime students from all seminary masters programs in good standing are eligible to apply. Interested applicants please apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume/cv. The selection committee will begin review of applicants on September 7 until the positions are filled.