Become a Student
The George Fox Evangelical Seminary accepts applications throughout the year. Apply now for the next available start date.
How to Apply
- Before Applying: Please review the pages below to ensure you are able to meet the Doctor of Ministry program admission requirements:
- Apply Online: Create an account with a username and password and complete the Doctor of Ministry application online here. Submission will require a $40 nonrefundable application fee. The online application is recommended to expedite processing, but you may also complete and return a PDF version of the application available for download online here.
- Submit Three References: Please download and carefully follow directions included on each fillable reference form.
- Official (Unopened) Transcripts: Order official transcripts from every college or university where you completed even a single course. Transcripts should be sent to the address below:
- Optional: Apply for federal student aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form online here. George Fox University school code is 003194. Please contact your Financial Aid Counselor for more information about costs and financial aid.
- International Students: Additional requirements for international students are online here.
After Your Application is CompleteSheila Bartlett will notify you when your application is complete. Applicants who submit a complete application and meet initial program criteria will be invited to an entrance interview with the Director or Associate Director of the Doctor of Ministry program in person, by telephone or by Skype.
After AcceptanceUpon acceptance into the Doctor of Ministry program, you are required to submit a $200 Enrollment Deposit by July 15th. This deposit guarantees your place in the program and typically covers the graduation fee applied to your student account in the last semester of your degree program. Please review the Student Financial Services website related to the Enrollment Deposit. You will not be able to register for classes or gain access to the online “Google Sites” course until the university has received your deposit.
Interested in learning more about life after acceptance to the DMin program? Here are a few items to get you started:
- You’ll receive a "GFU Google-E-mail" university e-mail account. Access information will be sent to the e-mail address you submitted in the application process. Learn more about GFU Google E-mail online here.
- You’ll gain access to MyGFU, an online student-services tool that allows you to register for courses, update your personal information, etc. Access information is sent to the e-mail address you submitted in the application process. Learn more about MyGFU online here.
- You'll receive an invitation to join your cohort's private Facebook page.
- Find out more to prepare for your first semester:
Contact your admissions counselor for more information about the Doctor of Ministry program: