In our Distance Seminary Programs (SemD) you and your co-learners form a vibrant learning community by traveling through the degree program together as a close-knit cohort. Friendships begin at the Threshold orientation in Portland, Oregon, and continue to grow through engaging in online dialogue, face-to-face gatherings, social media, Symposia events, and student-led face-to-face activities.
Studios are specially tailored learning environments where you will delve deep into your chosen specialization. In your studio, you will learn alongside a small group of students who share your specialization interest, and with faculty members or denominational leaders uniquely qualified to facilitate learning in your area.
What Makes it Unique
- Enjoy a degree program delivered in a format flexible enough to fit your lifestyle
- Embrace a robust academic experience without leaving your current ministry context
- Build close-knit community with your co-learners both online and in person
- Meets daily during face-to-face from the welcome dinner on Monday to Friday evening, or Saturday morning, depending on specializations
Plan Your Schedule
- Courses run 15 weeks and include online discussions, readings, postings and chats, among other activities.
- Meet face-to-face on campus at the Portland Center from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (with an hour lunch) for a minimum of three days and up to one week during fall and spring semesters.
- Summer courses are offered online with F2F intensives.
- The MA in Spiritual Direction is a full-time program for students who work full time. Also offered in a part-time format.
- Face-to-Face Times
- Fall: Mid-October
- Spring: Mid-February
- Summer: Late May or early June