Be part of a vibrant learning experience in our Local Seminary Programs (SemL) by participating in traditional classroom environments, seasonal Symposia events, and weekly community life activities. The local learning community offers you the freedom to take the number of credits that fit your lifestyle. As an alternative to the traditional classroom environment, you will also take courses online or in a hybrid format.
Studios are specially tailored learning environments where you will delve deep into your chosen specialization. In your studio, you will learn alongside a small group of students who share your specialization interest, and with faculty members or denominational leaders uniquely qualified to facilitate learning in your area.
What Makes it Unique
- Enjoy a robust academic experience as you interact with your professors and co-learners in person one to two times per week
- Find a sense of home on campus as you participate in hosted coffee breaks with the seminary community
- Communal study spaces in the Learning Commons, library and in-house café
- Enrich your mind and heart by attending bi-annual symposium events
Plan Your Schedule
- Campus conveniently located in Portland, Oregon, where students commute from across the Northwest
- Classes are offered in one-, two- and three-hour blocks
- Participate in Local Seminary Programs that meet weekly in a classroom setting
- All courses are web-enhanced, plus advanced courses are offered in the hybrid format (a combination of online and face-to-face learning)
- The weekly meetings for the semester are arranged as follows: Six weeks of normal instruction, then one week of hybrid course intensives, followed by seven weeks of normal instruction