Our Local Seminary Programs (SemL) students connect outside of the classroom through various gatherings hosted by our student leaders. We welcome you to connect between classes in a student-hosted tea time with your professors and co-learners. Each fall and spring semester the seminary hosts its symposium, a dialogical event around professors’ areas of interest.
Studios are specially tailored learning environments where you will delve deep into your chosen specialization. In your studio, you will learn alongside a small group of students who share your specialization interest, and with faculty members or denominational leaders uniquely qualified to facilitate learning in your area.
What Makes it Unique
- Enjoy a robust academic experience as you interact with your professors and co-learners in person one to two times per week
- Find a sense of home on campus as you participate in hosted coffee breaks with the seminary community
- Communal study spaces in the Learning Commons, library and in-house café
- Enrich your mind and heart by attending bi-annual symposium events
Plan Your Schedule
- Campus conveniently located in Portland, Oregon, where students commute from across the Northwest
- Classes are offered in one-, two- and three-hour blocks
- Participate in Local Seminary Programs that meet weekly in a classroom setting
- Schedule up to six local credit hours on one day per week
- All courses are web-enhanced, plus advanced courses are offered in the hybrid format (a combination of online and face-to-face learning)
- The weekly meetings for the semester are arranged as follows: Six weeks of normal instruction, then one week of hybrid course intensives, followed by seven weeks of normal instruction