Applications for the Fall 2017 term are open. Contact admissions for assistance.
Winter and Spring application deadlines have passed. The final application deadline is June 1, 2017 with interviews June 19th and 20th.
Applicants seeking admission to the MSW program must hold a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75. Applicants must have completed all the prerequisite courses with a minimum GPA of 2.75 prior to entry to the program.
In addition, Advanced Standing applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be considered for the accelerated degree:
- An undergraduate degree in social work from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. No other degrees or life experience can be substituted for this requirement.
- Completion of the undergraduate degree no more than five years prior to application. (Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis for social workers who have been in practice with regular continuing education.)
- Reference form from the undergraduate program director and the director of field education. Forms available in the online application.
- A copy of the field evaluation from the baccalaureate social work field experience(s) documenting satisfactory generalist practice experience and skills in the internship.
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Create an account with a username and password and complete a Master of Social Work application online. Submitting the online application will require a $40 nonrefundable application fee.
Start Your Application
- Submit Official (Unopened) Transcripts
- Order official transcripts from every regionally accredited college or university where you completed even a single course. Transcripts should be sent to:
Office of Admissions
George Fox University
12753 SW 68th Ave.
Portland, Oregon 97223
- No GRE or other standardized test is required.
- Prerequisite courses will be a part of your online application. Please review our prerequisite requirements.
- Reference forms can be sent through the online application. Please log in and submit your references before submitting your application to ensure they arrive on time.
- Two-year MSW applicants: Two academic references and one professional reference required.
- Advanced Standing applicants: One academic reference from your BSW program director, one professional reference, and one field director reference required.
Additional requirements for international students are described on the International Graduate Admissions website. Those students whose first language is not English must meet the required English proficiency standard as demonstrated in passing the following minimum international iBT (Internet-based TOEFL) scores: 25 points in each of the following – Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening. International applicants whose primary speaking language is not English will need to demonstrate an advanced level of writing, speaking, spelling and comprehension in the English language to be admitted into the program.