Mission & Goals
George Fox University School of Nursing prepares students to enter the profession with a commitment to promoting health with excellence and integrity as imitators of Christ by caring with compassion and hope.
- Promoting Health - We seek to enable people to increase control over and improve their health and well-being (body, mind, and spirit).
- Excellence - We seek to demonstrate the highest professional standards.
- Integrity - We adhere to moral and ethical principles with character and honesty.
- Imitators of Christ - We seek to follow the attributes of Christ, who exhibited love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
- Caring - We respect, honor and advocate for the dignity of one another and those we serve
- Compassion - We hold a deep awareness of and desire to relieve suffering and promote justice.
- Hope - We believe in the opportunity of a positive future.
Program Goals of the School of Nursing:
- Be imitators of Christ
- Serve as leaders in providing holistic health care to a global community
- Foster an attitude of lifelong learning
- Be prepared for graduate education