Immunizations/CPR/Background Check/Drug Screen
We use an outside vendor to manage our compliance requirements (Immunizations, CPR, Background Check, Drug Test). Once an incoming student accepts their offer of admission into our nursing program, detailed information will be provided on how to establish a student account with our vendor. Students are responsible for uploading all required documents to their student account. The one-time fee for this service is $131.00, which is the student's responsibilty to pay at the time the account is established.
Immunizations for Admission
Students who are admitted must have the following vaccinations by August 5, 2016:
- Initially, one of the following is required:
2 step TB skin test (1-3 weeks apart) OR QuantiFERON Gold Blood Test OR if positive results, provide a clear Chest X-ray.
- Proof of current immunizations:
Diphtheria, Tetanus (tetanus only within past 10 years)
Two (2) MMR, or titer drawn if you have not had two MMR vaccinations
Series of three (3) Hepatitis B, or titer
Influenza (flu shot) - obtained later in fall semester each year
Proof of either two (2) Varicella (Chicken Pox) vaccinations or one (1) titer for Varicella. Having had chicken pox is not sufficient documentation.
- All official vaccination documentation will be reviewed and approved by our outside vendor.
Healthcare Provider CPR Certification (American Heart Association)
- Obtained from American Heart Association only. Classes are available at George Fox through the security department.
- BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR/AED certification only.
- Certification must be kept current throughout your time in the nursing program.
- Certification must be acquired by August 4, 2016 for the incoming Class of 2019.
Criminal Background Check
- Final acceptance into the program is based on a satisfactory background check.
- Background checks must be completed by August 5, 2016 for the incoming Class of 2019.
Mandatory Drug Testing
- Final acceptance into the program is based on a satisfactory drug screen.
- Drug screen must be completed by August 5, 2016 for the incoming Class of 2019.
- Proof of health insurance for all nursing students, both full and part time status, is required upon admission.