George Fox University is currently accepting nominations for the 2012 Sports Hall of Fame. Be a part of this 17-year tradition, by nominating someone whom you feel is deserving of this honor. Honorees will be inducted into the Sports Hall of Fame at the 2012 Ceremony on Saturday, September, 15th.
Up to three athletes, one coach, one meritorious service recipient, and one team may be selected by the Committee to enter the Sports Hall of Fame.
Please use this online form to submit your nomination:
2012 Nomination Form
Nominations are due by Monday, January 16th.
1. An athlete, through athletic achievement, must have brought distinction and honor to himself or herself, to George Fox, and to its intercollegiate athletic program. The athlete must be an alumnus or alumna in good standing with the University whose final year of competition occurred at least 10 years prior to induction.
2. A coach or athletic administrator at the time of induction must no longer be a member of the George Fox athletic staff.
3. In the meritorious service category, the candidate should be an individual who, in some manner, has made an extraordinary contribution, directly or indirectly, to the George Fox University athletic program.
4. The records of the person(s) considered shall be so outstanding that there will be no question as to the qualifications necessary for induction.
5. Eligibility for teams shall be based upon exceptional accomplishment at and above the conference level, with the team ranking among the nation’s elite at least 10 years prior to induction.
6. Consideration is given to personal conduct in sports, and personal contribution to the ideal of sport and behavior consistent with the mission of the University.
7. A candidate’s accomplishments and history after leaving George Fox may by considered in making a selection. 8. All living inductees must be able to attend the induction ceremony.
9. Exceptions and unusual circumstances to the above selection criteria may be made by a 75% favorable vote of the Selection Committee members present.
For additional information regarding the Sports Hall of Fame, please contact Steve Grant, associate di
rector of athletics firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-554-2917.
Thank you for being a part of this process.
Director of Athletics