By appointment only
Alan Kluge is a professor of business for the College of Business. He teaches at both the graduate and undergraduate levels in the areas of marketing and operations management. His primary area of research focuses on the works of Dr. W. Edwards Deming and quality improvement in both manufacturing and non-manufacturing settings.
Kluge came to George Fox University in 1996 to assume the position of director of continuing education. While in that role he helped to establish two new degree programs and develop the university’s center in Boise, Idaho. Since 1999 he has been on the faculty in the College of Business.
Prior to George Fox, Kluge taught four years at Purdue University in the area of information systems. Prior to Purdue he taught at Oregon State University for 12 years, where he served as director of the university's popular undergraduate program in hotel, restaurant, and tourism management, a program that resided in the College of Business. It was while at Purdue that Kluge committed his life to serving the Lord, motivating his desire to teach at a Christian university.
Kluge lives in Dundee just outside of Newberg with his wife. He has two adult daughters.
Professor Kluge teaches:
- PhD from Oregon State University
- MBA from Oregon State University
- BS in Business Administration and Management from Oregon State University
- Union Gospel Mission volunteer
- Christian home fellowship group host
Process improvement of business processes
Works of W. Edwards Deming on quality
- Kluge, A., Halley, R., & Liu, D. (2011). "Looking Overseas in Search of New Tuition Dollars: Meeting the Needs of Chinese Business Students." 2011 Annual Conference of Region 7 of The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, Las Vegas, NV.
Kluge, E. Alan (January 2009). “Change and Responsibility: Business Process Improvement,” George Fox School of Business quarterly speaker’s series, Portland.
Kluge, E. Alan (April 2006). Using marketing simulations: ten important questions. Proceedings of the 2006 Marketing Educators Conference, April 27-29, San Francisco.
Kluge, E. Alan (November 2005). A project-based approach for learning the Six Sigma DMAIC method of process improvement. Proceedings of the National Quality in Education Conference, American Society for Quality, November 12, 2005, Miami, Florida.
Kluge, E. Alan (April 2003). “Six Sigma Quality: Philosophy, Strategy and Tactics,” Department of Professional Studies Saturday seminars, presentations made in Newberg, Oregon and Boise, Idaho.
Schlee, R. P., Seattle Pacific University; Kluge, E. A., George Fox University; Buckles, T. A., Biola University; Karns, G.L., Seattle Pacific University; and Rhoads, G.K., Brigham Young University; (April 2003), ”The attitudes of students toward marketing” based on a survey of students at George Fox and San Jose State University as my contribution to a panel on “The discipline of marketing in religiously-affiliated universities.” Marketing Educators Association, Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Kluge, E. Alan, (April 2001). Delivering the undergraduate marketing research course as a functioning research firm. Riding the Wave of Innovation in Marketing Education, 2001 Marketing Educators’ Conference Proceedings, Stuart Van Auken and Regina P.Schlee, Editors. Marketing Educators’ Association, April 18-22, 2001, Waikoloa Beach, Hawaii