Chair, Undergraduate Business and Economics Department
Associate Professor of Management
Director of International Business Institute
Annette M. Nemetz, PhD, is undergraduate chair of the management, global business and business administration programs and an assistant professor of management in the College of Business. With teaching responsibilities focused on strategy, global business and general management, Nemetz’s research and scholarship interests include stakeholder theory, the investigation of factors impacting contemporary global strategic management, corporate social responsibility, strategic sustainability, institutional influences and forces on strategic decision-making, public policy and business, and multicultural management and development. In addition, she is director of the university's International Business Institute program in affiliation with Messiah College. Nemetz has taught global management and global strategy in China and in several European countries.
Prior to her academic career, Nemetz, an award-winning innovator with a global entrepreneurial mindset, held executive management positions in marketing and product development in the software and computer systems industry. Her most recent corporate position was executive vice president at Waggener Edstrom Worldwide, responsible for strategic planning and operational restructuring of the multi-million dollar Microsoft account and for leadership of a business unit that developed and sold innovative technologically-based marketing products and services.
Nemetz’s educational background includes a PhD in public management and policy with a focus on global business and sustainability from Portland State University, an MBA from Stanford University, and a BS in materials engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
Professor Nemetz Teaches:
- Business Strategy
- Business Decision Analysis
- Global Business and Strategy
- Organizational Change
- PhD, Portland State University
- MBA, Stanford University
- BS, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Board Member, St. Mary's Academy Parent Board, Portland, Ore.
- Co-Chair of Annual Auction Fundraiser, St. Mary's Academy
- President, ODSPAP PhD student organization, Portland State University
- Strategic business management
- Global strategic planning
- Corporate social responsibility
- Public policy
- Human resource development
- International teaching
- Zori, Z. and Nemetz, A. (June, 2013). How Global (Virtual) Competition Develops Effective & Responsible Business Leaders, Paper Presentation at ACBSP 2013 Annual Conference, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- “Real World Project Integration into the Classroom; Actively Engaging with Entrepreneurs and Local Small Business for Future Student Placements and Internships”, Annette Nemetz, Justine Haigh, and Debora Sepich, Workshop and paper presentation at Marketing Educator’s Association (MEA) Conference, April, 2011.
- “MBA Career Skills Workshop”, GFSB Speaker Series, October 7, 2011.
- “Business Information Literacy Faculty/Librarian Collaboration and Assessment in an Undergraduate International Management Class”, Annette Nemetz and Janis Tyhurst. Poster session presented at 4th Annual Oregon Information Literacy Summit, April 3, 2010.