Nate Peach joined George Fox in 2011 as an assistant professor of economics. Previously he served as an instructor and graduate teaching assistant in the economics department at Colorado State University. Nate holds a master's degree in economics and doctor of philosophy from the same institution (2007 and 2011). His bachelor's degree is in international business from Messiah College (2000). His research explores questions of sustainability and economic growth.
In Nate's free time he enjoys rock climbing, traveling and biking. He is also actively searching for the world's best donut. Nate lives in Newberg with his wife, Meagan, and two children, Jed and Sarah.
Professor Peach Teaches:
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
- Economics for Managerial Decision-making
- PhD, Colorado State University in Economics
- MA, Colorado State University in Economics
- BS, Messiah College in International Business
- Interaction of energy consumption and economic growth for states in the United States
- The relationship between governance, national savings and resource manaagement in energy-rich nations
- Regional impacts of greenhouse gas regulation
- Forecasting local housing supply
- Quantifying how local amenities influence housing values
- 2014 "Lessons From the Great Recession: Reflections of a New PhD" Presentation, Allied Social Science Annual Meeting, January 4, Philadelphia, PA.
- 2013 Review of the book, Serving God Globally: Finding Your Place in International Development. Faith & Economics, 61/62, 114-117.
- 2011 Review of the book, Generous justice: How God's grace makes us just. Faith & Economics, 57, 73-76.2011.
- 2011 Review of the book, The poor will be glad: Joining the revolution to lift the world out of poverty. Faith & Economics, 55, 70-73.
- Peach, N. (November 2010). "Energy and Economic Growth: A State-Level Analysis." North American Regional Science Council in Denver, CO.
- 2012 "Energy and Economic Growth in California, Oregon, and Washington." Presentation, Pacific Northwest Regional Economics Conference, May 17, Seattle, WA.
- Open-Space Under Threat - October 24, 2013.
- 2013 Van der Werff, A. D., Hogarth, J. M., & Peach, N. D. A Cross-Country Analysis of Unbanked Within the OECD. Consumer Interests Annual, 59.
- 2013 "Governance & Sustainability: Does Democracy Beggar thy Future?" Presentation, Western Economic Association Annual Conference, June 28, Seattle, WA.