George Fox University’s bachelor of arts degree in organizational communication is the ideal fit for someone interested in the fields of public relations, sales, consulting, promotions, fund-raising or customer service.
As an organizational communication major, you will take communication courses that are particularly useful in organizational settings. These are combined with business and marketing or management classes, giving you a balanced education that will prepare you for any number of career choices.
We take an interdisciplinary approach to communication. Majors take a series of communication and writing courses – all grounded in a common core of communication and rhetorical theory. Upon graduation, students are prepared to work in careers ranging from marketing, public relations, sales, consulting, training, event coordination, journalism, editing, politics and teaching.
Request more information about the organizational communication major at George Fox University or schedule a visit to begin your education at Oregon's Christian university, ranked as one of the top Christian colleges in the nation by Forbes.
- Campus Virtual Tour
- Campus Life
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Contact Us
- Prospective Students
A competitive market, the external organizational communication track (public relations, marketing, etc.) is expected to continue to grow at a steady employment rate over the next five years. For college graduates hopeful for a job in the field, skills in new technology and ideas, as well as creativity, are highly sought by prospective employers.
- Dean of Admissions & Retention, Houghton College
- Guest Service Representative, Nike
- Intern & New Hire Integration Program Manager, Intel
- Event Coordinator, Oregon Sports Authority
- Resource Development Associate, United Way
- Accounting Executive, Waggener-Edstrom
- Visit Coordinator, Visiting Angels
- Regional Professional Coordinator, Rural Development Initiatives
- Economic Development Officer, Gilliam County
- Client Services Director, CareNet Pregnancy Center
- English Teacher, IPKEA International Christian School
- Gonzaga University
- Azusa Pacific University
- Princeton Theological Seminary
- Texas State-San Marcos
- Northwestern Nazarene University
- Pepperdine University
- Baylor University
- Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University
- SP Print (human resources department)
- Chehalem Youth & Family Services (social services)
- Chehalem Parks & Recreation (event coordinator intern)
- Northwest Yearly Meeting of Friends (international relations)
- Magnolia & Co. (business and entrepreneurial intern)
- Suzan G. Komen for the Cure
- Love, Inc.
- Portland Center Stage (marketing intern)
- Union Gospel Mission (public relations intern)
"I have my degree to thank for the strong foundation that allowed me to launch head-first into the nitty-gritty world of strategic communication and public relations. The breadth of material that was covered in the classroom as well as the insights and experiences from my professors have shaped me into the young woman and young professional I am today."
- Sarah Reid ('08)
Points of Distinction
- A unique combination of both business and communication courses with an emphasis on ethics
- Options in both the External (PR, marketing) and Internal (management, HR) tracks
- Small class sizes provide one-on-one attention to aid students in success.
- Professors and instructors are able to provide industry knowledge from their own hands-on experiences.
Why George Fox?
Our faith influences everything we do here, from the way our professors teach to the way we relate to one another and serve in the community.
Nearly half of George Fox undergraduate students study abroad. That ranks in the top 60 out of 1,800 American colleges!
Our 14-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio means you'll get to know your professors on a personal level.
George Fox University is a Christian university classified by U.S. News & World Report as a first-tier regional university, and Forbes ranks George Fox among the highest Christian colleges in the country.