Traveling Outside the United States

Tulip FieldsBefore traveling outside the U.S., the student should have a:

  • Valid, endorsed I-20 form, signed by an International Student Services staff person.  This signature verifies that you are a full-time enrolled student at George Fox University.  This signature (located on page 3 of your I-20) is valid for one year.
  • Valid passport (at least six months into the future).
  • Valid visa.  You will need this to return to the U.S.
  • Depending upon your country of citizenship you may need a visa to enter a third country such as Canada or Mexico.  If you plan to travel to a third country, contact the appropriate country consulate for visa requirements.

Additional information about re-entering after traveling outside the U.S. can be found at the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement web page.