Academic Pursuit Fund
Information: The Academic Pursuit Fund is to aid a student in special academic accomplishments, spiritual growth, and involvement in pursuits onsite and/or offsite of George Fox University. Academic pursuit includes but is not limited to, students attending conferences and/or making presentations in a field of study, collaborating with outside organizations to enhance students experience while at George Fox. Does not include the fulfillment of degree requirements in the student's field of study, such as internships, textbooks, tuition, fees, or materials needed for courses.
The Central Committee is in charge of granting funds for some or all of the funds requested. Funds are managed by the ASC Vice President. Requests for $50.00 or less can be granted by the Vice President. Requests for more than $50.00 or any one conference totaling more than $200 must be approved by Central Committee. Academic Pursuit has a total of $18,000.00 for the 2012-2013 academic school year.
- Must be a current full-time or part-time student attending classes on the Newberg campus at the time the funds are used
- Student must demonstrate that other funding sources have been researched and considered, such as departmental support or organizational support i.e. if student wants to attend a conference that is hosted by a non-profit or other affiliation, that student can look into being supported by that hosting organization.
- Email Document to email@example.com with a statement from related department and or personal, that funds from outside ASC Academic Need have been searched out.
- Meet in one on one during office hours with President or Vice President to ensure proposal meet the required criteria.
- The intended experience must benefit the student and the GFU community.
- Priority will be given to individuals whose experience will benefit the GFU community.
- A student can only receive support once in any given semester.
- A one-page follow up response must be turned in to the ASC President or Vice President within two weeks after the event. The reflection must consist of an interview of the experience, what the student learned, how it impacted them personally, and how it can affect the GFU community.
In order to receive payment for an approved proposal, purchase receipts must be turned in within 2 weeks of the date of the event. If the proposed event occurred prior to the funds approval (retroactive approval), then receipts must be turned in within 2 weeks of the date or approval by ASC.