Although the university offers services to assist students with disabilities, you have the responsibility to make your needs known. The most important factors to your university success are seeking help early and learning to advocate for yourself. Each student with a disability needing services has the responsibility to:
- Request the services and provide appropriate disability documentation
- Meet with the Disability Services Office (DSO) early regarding your accommodation needs
- Talk with your advisor and professors about in-class accommodations
- Follow the procedures for arranging accommodations through the DSO Online System
- Communicate with the DSO if there are any questions or difficulties with the process
Differences Between High School and College Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities has helpful information about the transition from high school to college.
Director of Learning Support Services
George Fox University
414 N. Meridian #6197
Newberg, OR 97132
Email Rick Muthiah email@example.com if you have any questions.