Financial Aid for Current Traditional Undergraduate Students
At George Fox, we know an important factor in choosing a school can be cost. That is why we strive to make school as affordable as possible. Virtually every George Fox student who can demonstrate financial need is awarded funds to assist in meeting the cost of attendance. When students explore what it will cost to attend George Fox, there is a real difference between the total cost of their education (tuition, living expenses, books, fees, etc.) and the amount they’re expected to pay. Financial aid is meant to reduce the gap between the two.
There are many steps involved in the financial aid process. Although not every step is required for all students, it is important to complete those required for your situation. To make sure you stay on top of the process, here are some important steps to follow.
- Complete the FAFSA
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available October 1 for the following academic year. You must submit the FAFSA annually in order to apply for federal, state, and some institutional financial aid.
- Our Title IV Federal School Code is 003194.
- Become Fully Registered
- Before you can get awarded, you must be enrolled full time (at least 12 credits) for Fall and Spring. It is important you contact your financial aid counselor if you don’t plan to be full time or are graduating in the Fall semester.
- Complete Verification (if selected)
- If you are selected, all verification documents need to be submitted and verification completed before you will receive your award package. Check your To-Do list or contact your Financial Aid Counselor for details.
- Accept/Decline Your Awards
- Award letters are generally available via your Mygfu starting in April. If you haven’t been awarded, check your To-Do List and make sure you are registered full time both Fall and Spring.
- Check Your To-Do List
- The Financial Aid office will inform you of what forms and documents are required from you via your To-Do List on your Mygfu. Items are continuously added throughout the summer, so make sure to check your To-Do List frequently.
- Report External Scholarships
- It is important to report any outside scholarships you have been awarded through your Mygfu under “Report Other Financial Aid.”
- Complete the Payment Estimator
- The Payment Estimator can assist in helping plan for the year. It will help you calculate your balance owed after financial aid. The Payment Estimator can also help you set up a monthly payment plan with Student Accounts.
- Apply for Alternative Loans or Parent Plus Loans (if necessary)
- If you aren’t able to cover your balance out of pocket, often it is necessary to take out an alternative loan or a Parent Plus to help cover the gap. It is important to start the process early. Private loans can take several weeks to get processed. You must apply annually to qualify. See Loans for more information.
- Complete Enrollment Confirmation
- At the start of every term, you will be required to confirm that you will be attending. This must be done before financial aid can disburse. The form is usually available two weeks prior to the start of the term on your Mygfu University Forms.
Continuation of financial aid requires that the student maintains a good academic standing and maintains satisfactory academic progress. Click here for more information concerning satisfactory academic progress.