Director of Gift Development
Advancement and Development Services
OPENING DATE: July 1, 2015
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Full-time, 12 Months
START DATE: As soon as possible
ABOUT GEORGE FOX UNIVERSITY:
Our Vision: To be the Christian university of choice known for empowering students to achieve exceptional life outcomes.
Our Mission: To prepare students spiritually, academically and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity and serve with passion.
Our Values: Students first. Christ in everything. Innovation to improve outcomes.
As Oregon's premier Christian university, George Fox offers a wide variety of opportunities to serve in a Christian community that delivers the promise that each student will Be Known - personally, academically and spiritually.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Actively manage a portfolio of 175 to 200 donors and prospective donors with capacity and affinity to make major gifts/pledges and planned/estate gifts in support of the university’s strategic funding priorities. Achieve personal and corporate gift and pledge goals (both operating and capital) as set by the Vice President of Advancement.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Discover, engage, and invite philanthropic gifts through ongoing personal contact and visits with donors and prospective donors.
- Steward existing donors through regular and ongoing personal communication.
- Develop donor-specific engagement strategies designed to initiate, renew, and upgrade philanthropy.
- Engage, invite, and steward corporate sponsorships through regular and ongoing personal contact and visits with sponsors and prospective sponsors.
- Produce timely contact reports that outline future engagement strategies after each donor, prospective donor, or sponsor interaction.
- Collaborate with faculty/staff to engage them in the active cultivation of donors and prospective donors.
- Serve as the university’s representative to various outside business and community organizations.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with others, including employees, students and the public, in a spirit of teamwork, respect and customer service.
- By actions, words and lifestyle, be a Christian role model to students, whether through casual contact or in a formal supervisory role.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years successful work experience in higher education and/or advancement functions; or equivalent combination of university education and work experience.
- Must have well-developed organizational, planning, prioritizing, administrative and presentation skills. Must be self-motivated and driven to the achievement of results. Must have the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at one time and in a busy environment.
- Must have proven and exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to connect with a wide spectrum of people. Must have proven experience in effectively contacting, answering queries of, and building relationships with donors, parents of students, and alumni as well as the regional business community.
- Must demonstrate professionalism, tact, confidentiality and initiative. Must be upbeat and a team player.
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the university’s mission as described on our website.
- Appreciation for an inclusive environment that values diversity, engages in global concerns, and connects culturally.
SALARY: $52,614 to $65,768, depending on experience.
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS: Vacation; sick leave; holidays; medical, dental, life, disability insurance; retirement plan; and tuition remission.
REPORTS TO: Vice President of University Advancement
TO APPLY: Submit a George Fox University application, resume, and letter of interest to:
Office of Human Resources
George Fox University
414 N Meridian St, Box 6108
Newberg, OR 97132
You may fax your information to 503.554.2186 or scan and send to email@example.com. A letter of interest and resume must be accompanied by a signed application.
A link to our application can be found at: http://www.georgefox.edu/offices/hr/admin.html. It is in fill-able format. However, it must be printed to initial and sign it.
The University reserves the right to fill the position as circumstances warrant.