Director of Student Activities
OPENING DATE: July 8, 2013
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Full time, 9 months (August 15, 2013 - May 4, 2014)
START DATE: As soon as possible
We are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate individual to lead our campus-wide student activities programming for 1,900 traditional undergraduate students, and be the advisor for our Associated Student Community (ASC) student government. The Director of Student Activities will have a heart to serve students, possess the ability to provide dynamic co-curricular events, and have strong relational and administrative aptitude.
At George Fox, our commitment and promise is that every student will be known personally, academically and spiritually. Our mission in Student Life is to provide services and programs that produce exceptional life outcomes in students who are equipped to serve as Christ-centered change agents in their lives and vocations. It’s essential for the person in this role to embrace and embody these core philosophical aspects of our community.
We are looking for a team player with strong skills in communication, problem solving, and in providing an appropriate balance of challenge and support for students. A flexible personality, positive attitude and being an active listener are key requirements of this position. If you desire to create a significant impact in the lives of students and in their co-curricular experience, we would invite you to apply for this position.
- Supervises the planning and implementation of a comprehensive campus-wide student activities program.
- Serves as primary advisor for the ASC Central Committee. Provides leadership to the group while also attending and/or organizing training and development, weekly meetings, retreats and leadership classes.
- Operates as advisor for the ASC Activities Committee. Ensures proper planning, organization and follow through on all event details.
- Provides on-site supervision of designated events to oversee use, admission receipts, compliance with policies, liability/risk avoidance and the hospitality of performer(s) and participants. Assists in contract matters, problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Assists with the development and facilitation of student organizations and clubs.
- Serves as a Christian role model to members of the ASC Central Committee officers, Activities Committee, club and student organization members and any other students with whom there is interaction.
- Advises activities and student government programming groups in administering their budgets, planning for special programs and in ensuring continuity from year-to-year.
- Handles administrative responsibilities for the Student Activities Office including maintaining a list of local programming and event resources for student groups to use.
- Serves as a member for the ASC Finance Committee.
- Participates fully in the developmental activities of the Student Life division including goal setting and assessment.
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION: Pay Range D: $24,021 - $30,027 dep. on experience, plus $3,610 meal allowance.
Competitive benefits: Vacation; sick leave; holidays; health, dental, life, disability insurance; retirement plan and tuition remission.
REPORTS TO: Dean of Community Life