OPENING DATE: July 15, 2013
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Full time; 12 months
START DATE: As soon as possible
This individual is responsible for enrollment and record management for adult degree completion students from point of matriculation through to degree conferral. This position oversees implementation of curriculum changes in the university catalog, builds class schedules, and assigns rooms for the degree completion program. Additionally, this individual coordinates the submission, assessment, and processing of prior-learning materials as well as articulates transfer credit for adult degree completion students.
Specific essential responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage student record information for degree completion students including, but not limited to: managing cohort assignments, student holds, and requirement terms; assisting faculty with grade entry/class rosters; managing Incomplete Grade Requests; overseeing approval process for academic petitions; facilitating academic standing process; managing requests to participate in Commencement with incomplete requirements; processing all Leave of Absence/Withdraw requests for adult degree completion program maintaining standards of compliance for federal financial aid.
- Coordinate submission and evaluation of student prior learning assessment (PLA) materials; present submission and evaluation process in Personal and Professional Assessment classes each semester; collaborate with PLA evaluators and track payroll/student charges; contact students regarding missing documents for evaluations; oversee posting of prior learning credit on student transcripts.
- Post official system articulations for transfer of academic credit for new and current degree completion students.
- Confer student degrees and oversee graduation details (including distribution of regalia as well as ordering/mailing official transcripts and diplomas).
- Manage cohort registration for degree completion students and assist Enrollment Counselors with student registration issues (add/drop, enrollment confirmation, etc.).
- Build and maintain class schedule records for class registration; assign rooms for classes in scheduling system. Communicate with program director/chair regarding class schedule information.
- Implement and support curriculum changes in university catalog. Maintain degree audit updates, catalog changes and class schedule changes for degree completion programs.
- Support university and degree completion program retention goals via monitoring for potential passive withdraws, return from Leave of Absence students, etc., and collaborating with Enrollment Counselors to retain and re-admit students accordingly.
- Supervise work study student; allocate job tasks, organize schedule, oversee time sheet.
- Process VA verifications upon receipt from Student Financial Services.
General responsibilities include:
- Maintain technical knowledge of University database.
- Remain current on best practices for prior learning assessment processes within the Adult Degree Completion marketplace.
- Implement university policy and procedure with respect to student records.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with others, including employees, students and the public, in a spirit of teamwork, respect and customer service.
- Demonstrate awareness, respect and appreciation for diversity of culture, background, ethnicity, gender, political views, expressions of faith, etc.
- Attend Registrar staff meetings (and ADP team meetings as needed).
- Provide support at ADP new student orientations, grad nights, and commencement ceremonies.
- Other duties as needed.