Institutional Research And Technology Specialist
OPENING DATE: July 9, 2013
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Full time, 12 months
START DATE: As soon as possible
The Institutional Research & Technology Specialist will be responsible for the collection, maintenance and reporting of institutional data and the preparation of reports that support decision-making and planning at the University. This person will work closely with University departments to facilitate both internal and external reporting needs.
Specific essential responsibilities are as follows:
- Oversee submission of data for mandated reporting to state, federal, and other external agencies.
- Research and provide reports to accrediting bodies and the Board of Trustees (University Fact Book, IPEDS, EADA for NCAA, support for grant writers, athletic eligibility, etc.).
- Audit and analyze university data to ensure data integrity and facilitate the collection, extraction, analysis and reporting of accurate institutional data.
- Create and maintain data reports for the use of campus administration such as deans and department chairs.
- Integrate university policies with the various modules of the administrative software to provide accurate reporting.
- Assist in the development and delivery of internal training and documentation.
- Assist in the support of administrative software as needed.
- Respond to ad-hoc data requests.
- Other data management duties as requested by the university executive staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Proficiency with data extraction, analysis and presentation.
- At least two years of progressive experience in higher education administration.
- Demonstrated experience working with broad and diverse constituencies within higher education.
- Experience operating within a PeopleSoft environment desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing, including on the telephone and under pressure. Ability to listen, clarify, understand, give and follow instructions required.
- An evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the institution’s goals, including signed agreement with GFU Statement of Faith and Statement of Community Responsibilities.