Recruitment & Enrollment Counselor
Adult Degree Program (Portland Center)
OPENING DATE: February 27, 2014
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Full time, 12 months
START DATE: March 17, 2014
At George Fox University's Adult Degree Program, we believe it is never too late to accomplish the dream of a bachelor's degree. We believe that every adult who walks through our doors has the potential to not only complete a degree, but to excel in his/her profession. As a Recruitment and Enrollment Counselor, you will pair your excellent background in relational marketing, sales, and/or recruiting while expressing your passion for coaching people to accomplish their dreams. You will have significant responsibility to recruit and convert prospective students into current students while also managing a portfolio of current students through academic advising, career coaching, and student services. Your ability to understand and convey complex academic requirements and details in a clear and easily understood manner will set you apart from the pack.
We promise that every student at the George Fox will Be Known personally, academically and spiritually. In this position, you will set up individuals for success from the minute you build a relationship with them at a recruiting event, when they give you a call, or when you create a degree plan with a prospective student. Customer service will be your top priority; you will give every student extra attention. Since we deliver a one-stop shop for our students, you have the unique opportunity to walk along side each student through a journey that will soon transform their life. In our vibrant, Christian, academic community our strong sense of mission and purpose create an opportunity for a creative, courageous, and intellectual go-getter to thrive and make a significant impact on the lives of adults who want to accomplish their life-long dreams.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Develop, analyze, and implement sales/recruitment/admission strategies for the Adult Degree Program to include correspondence, presentations, interviews, information meetings, community college connections and follow-up strategies in order to meet enrollment goals.
- Regularly provide academic advising for approximately 100-150 prospective and enrolled adult degree students regarding remaining credits needed for completion of their degrees and offer alternative scenarios to accomplish completion of the degree.
- Evaluate & articulate transfer of academic credit from other colleges for current and prospective students.
- Understand and administer curricular requirements while accurately advising students in setting and achieving academic and personal goals required for University admission; review and evaluate application credentials to determine student admissibility.
- Research market and analyze trends in adult education. Collaborate with Associate Director of ADP Admissions and department faculty to develop long-term enrollment strategies. Contribute to the setting and tracking of recruitment and enrollment goals.
- Provide input for marketing efforts, including publications, advertising, campus visits, social media, and web site information. Evaluate effectiveness of plan and suggest modifications.
- Represent the University as an exhibitor at career fairs, professional conferences, and trade shows. Travel as necessary on behalf of the University. Research new venues and assess effectiveness of attended conferences, shows and fairs.
- Maintain contact and student information in the database. Generate lists and reports as needed for recruitment purposes.
- Support and achieve University admissions and recruitment efforts as a member of the Adult Degree Program Admissions Team.
- Demonstrate awareness, respect and appreciation for diversity of culture, background, ethnicity, gender, political views, expressions of faith, etc.
- Prepare travel budget proposals, track expenditures, and submit appropriate paperwork.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-3 years professional experience in sales or recruitment in a customer-focused environment required; additional experience preferred in adult education, college academic advising, student affairs, and/or counseling, while providing student support services with a focus on recruitment, retention, and graduation.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the needs of adult students and to assist a diverse group of individuals with setting and achieving goals.
- Proven track record of effectively working independently and as a team member to accomplish organizational and department goals.
- High level of initiative, goal orientation, and self-accountability.
- Proven ability to learn and use technology as required for the position, including the use of social media and University database.
- Ability and willingness to travel on occasional or regular basis, including Oregon driver’s license.
- Extremely strong oral, public speaking, and written communication skills in English.
- An evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the institution's goals, including signed agreement with GFU Statement of Faith and Community Lifestyle Statement and being in living agreement with same.
- Commitment to issues of ethnic and gender diversity. Candidates should also value an environment that reflects the diversity of God’s kingdom, engages in global concerns, and connects culturally.
STARTING COMPENSATION: $35,232 – $44,040, depending on experience. Competitive benefits: Vacation; sick leave; holidays; medical, dental, life, disability insurance; retirement plan; and tuition remission.
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of ADP Admissions