Student Accounts Specialist IIOPENING DATE: February 11, 2013
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Full-time; 12 months
START DATE: March 1, 2013
This position provides customer service to prospective and admitted Graduate and Adult Degree Program students, assists with financial aid and payment for college processes, and supports Student Accounts as needed.
Specific essential responsibilities are as follows:
- Serve as liaison between the Student Financial Services staff in Newberg and students attending classes at the Portland Center; represent SFS to prospective students and at new student orientations.
- Interpret graduate and ADP student financial aid awards and charges to students, advocate as needed by involving the financial aid counselor, loan specialist, and accounts receivable specialists to resolve questions.
- Report student account and financial aid issues to Newberg personnel and follow-up to resolution.
- Articulate financial policies to students, faculty and staff via web, in writing and in person.
- Counsel students regarding withdrawal, and assist with withdraw and petition processes and related tasks.
- Assist students with financial paperwork such as the FAFSA, financial aid verification documents, loan documents, accessing resources and student loans, entrance and exit counseling, and the Payment Selection Form.
- Receipt and process payments, set up and manage payment plans, implement payment interventions to resolve holds, and collections.
- Bill, follow-up and establish relationships with third parties who assist with student payments.
- Assist with processing of refunds to ensure federal requirements are met.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer proficiency including MS Windows, Word and Excel; Google suite, web page and educational software system experience preferred.
- Two years of office, reception or customer service experience required; financial aid or student account experience preferred.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible work hours at multiple locations.
- Strong detail orientation, as well as analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with a strong customer service orientation, and ability to work well with other departments.
- Discretion and integrity in maintaining confidentiality.
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the university’s mission as described on our website.
- Candidates should value an environment that reflects the diversity of God’s kingdom, engages in global concerns, and connects culturally.
COMPENSATION: Pay Range 5; Minimum $29,201 - $34,427 depending on exp. Competitive benefits: Vacation; sick leave; holidays; medical, dental, life, disability insurance; retirement plan; and tuition remission.
REPORTS TO: Director or Student AccountsTO APPLY: Submit application, resume, and letter of interest to: Office of Human Resources, George Fox University, 414 N. Meridian, No. 6108, Newberg, OR 97132. Your application materials may also be scanned and attached to an email to: HR@georgefox.edu. If you choose to fax your materials, our fax number is 503-554-2186. The University reserves the right to fill the position as circumstances warrant.