The university offers a comprehensive benefits package that represents a significant component of George Fox employees' total compensation. Most benefits are available to all regular employees, half time and above; however, benefits are prorated for employees who work less than full time.Benefits at a Glance
Forms, plan descriptions and provider contact information: Benefits, Forms & Resources
The US Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act became law in 2010. Some of the changes affecting your benefit plans are:
- 1/1/14 Coverage begins under Health Care Exchanges for anyone who enrolled.
- 10/1/13 Open enrollment begins for Health Care Exchanges in each state. George Fox medical coverage continues in force, providing more benefit options for less cost especially for employees working .75 FTE or above.
- 4/1/12 Flexible spending for health care expenses restricted to $2500 per year starting with the 2012-13 plan year.
- 4/1/11 First day that dependents between the ages of 23 and 26 may be included on your GFU medical and dental plans.
- 4/1/11 Preventive care available with no out-of-pocket cost.
- 4/1/11 Lifetime maximum benefit limit is eliminated.
- 12/31/10 Last day to claim reimbursement for over the counter medications through the flexible spending account. Starting 1/1/11, you will need a prescription for over the counter medications recommended by your healthcare provider.
- 9/23/10 You may include the medical expenses of dependents between the ages of 23 and 26 in your Flex Plan reimbursement requests starting this date.
Watch this page for updates as they become available!