Google Apps FAQ
- What is Google Apps?
- Why are we using Google Apps for georgefox.edu?
- How do I access Google Apps for George Fox?
- What if I already have a Google account? Can I use it for George Fox Google Apps?
- How do I know when I'm in Google Apps vs. George Fox Google Apps?
- Is it a good idea to be logged into both Google Apps and George Fox Google Apps at the same time?
- What is acceptable use of Google Apps for George Fox?
- What are examples of information that should not be posted in Google Apps for George Fox?
- What are the size limits for documents and sites?
- Does Google Apps have Accessibility Services?
- Where can I find more information and help on Google Apps?
Google Apps is comprised of several pieces.
- Google Mail - E-mail system.
- Google Calendar - Online calendar to organize your schedule and share events with colleagues.
- Google Docs and Google Drive - Online document, spreadsheet, presentation, and drawing files in which people can create files, share information and work collaboratively with online storage for many other file types.
- Google Sites - Online application for creating a website collaboratively. top
We have elected to take advantage of the service that Google offers for educational institutions called Google Apps for your domain. This allows us to provide you with the web-based tools that Google offers without having to maintain a whole separate identity. This enables you to access Google's services using your George Fox username and password and easily share your Google documents and sites with the George Fox community. top
Open your browser and access mail.google.com. Use your George Fox email address and password to log in. When you log in for the first time, you'll be asked to enter the miscellaneous characters that appear on the screen. top
No. Your Google Apps for George Fox account is different from your Google account. They are two separate accounts. top
The best way to tell is to look at the upper right corner of the page. You can see the e-mail address of the logged-in user. If you're in George Fox Google Apps, then you'll see your @georgefox.edu e-mail address. top
It's possible, but it can be confusing to keep track of which Google Apps account you're using. top
The use of Google Apps and all other IT resources that are available to the university fall within the policies and guidelines specified within the employee handbook, student handbook, and other codes of conduct.
The power of Google Apps lies in its ability to empower collaboration and sharing of information. In light of this ability, it's essential that we operate in ways that are consistent with our university code of conduct and guidelines. top
10. Does Google Apps have Accessibility Services?
Yes, they do. Use this link to learn more.
Using Google Products: How to use accessibility features top
See our main page on Google Apps with links to guides on using Google Apps. top