G Suite FAQ
- What is G Suite?
- Why are we using G Suite for georgefox.edu?
- How do I access G Suite for George Fox?
- What if I already have a Google account? Can I use it for George Fox G Suite?
- How do I know when I'm in Google Apps vs. George Fox G Suite?
- Is it a good idea to be logged into both Google Apps and George Fox G Suite at the same time?
- What is acceptable use of G Suite for George Fox?
- What are examples of information that should not be posted in G Suite for George Fox?
- What are the size limits for documents and sites?
- Does G Suite have Accessibility Services?
- Where can I find more information and help on G Suite?
G Suite is comprised of several pieces.
- Google Mail - E-mail system.
- Google Calendar - Online calendar to organize your schedule and share events with colleagues.
- Google Docs and Google Drive - Online document, spreadsheet, presentation, and drawing files in which people can create files, share information and work collaboratively with online storage for many other file types.
- Google Groups - An e-mail discussion group (similar to listserv)
- Google Sites - Online application for creating a website collaboratively. top
We have elected to take advantage of the service that Google offers for educational institutions called G Suite for your domain. This allows us to provide you with the web-based tools that Google offers without having to maintain a whole separate identity. This enables you to access Google's services using your George Fox username and password and easily share your Google documents and sites with the George Fox community. top
Open your browser and access mail.google.com. Use your George Fox email address and password to log in. When you log in for the first time, you'll be asked to enter the miscellaneous characters that appear on the screen. top
No. Your G Suite for George Fox account is different from your Google account. They are two separate accounts. top
The best way to tell is to look at the upper right corner of the page. You can see the e-mail address of the logged-in user. If you're in George Fox G Suite, then you'll see your @georgefox.edu e-mail address. top
Yes. Google allows you to add other accounts to your log in and switch between them. top
The use of G Suite and all other IT resources that are available to the university fall within the policies and guidelines specified within the employee handbook, student handbook, and other codes of conduct.
The power of G Suite lies in its ability to empower collaboration and sharing of information. In light of this ability, it's essential that we operate in ways that are consistent with our university code of conduct and guidelines. top
10. Does G Suite have Accessibility Services?
Yes, they do. Use this link to learn more.
Using Google Products: How to use accessibility features top