Books for Distance Students
Students can borrow library books from four sources:
- George Fox University Libraries
- Summit Libraries, a consortium of academic libraries in the Pacific Northwest
- Other Oregon and Washington libraries
- Interlibrary Loan -- libraries across the United States
George Fox Libraries
- To search for books owned by George Fox Libraries, set the search scope in Primo, the university library system, to "GFU" (example). Once you have identified a book that you want, click on the "Get It" tab to request it.
- You may also want to browse for books at the Newberg or Portland campus libraries if you are visiting.
Orbis-Cascade (Summit) Libraries
The default search in Primo includes books held by George Fox Libraries and our Summit library partners.
- Once you have identified a book that you want, click on the "Get It" tab to request it.
- You may choose to pick up your items at one of our fellow Orbis Cascade Alliance member locations. Just present your George Fox ID card, or be prepared to log in to your account online using your MyGFU credentials.
- George Fox students, faculty and staff can browse and check out books from Summit libraries when they present a valid George Fox ID card at the library circulation desk.
Other Academic and Public Libraries
Students residing in the northwest United States have check-out privileges at a number of other academic libraries:
- Northwest Association of Private Colleges and Universities(NAPCU) -- You will need your current George Fox ID at the point of check out. Books borrowed at NAPCU locations must also be returned to these locations.
- Western Seminary
- Golden Gate Baptist Seminary
Other libraries may be able to assist you. Here are some:
If you cannot find a specific book you want in Primo, submit an interlibrary loan request.