College Level Examination Program
Newberg Campus Test Dates:
We offer the following examination dates:
February 4, 2015 - 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
March 4, 2015 - 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
April 1, 2015 - 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.Available tests
How to Register for a CLEP Exam
- 1. Select an exam by browsing our available tests and course equivalencies listed above.
- 2. Register for your exam through the College Board website (you have 6 months after you register to complete your CLEP test).
- 3. Sign up with George Fox for a testing date (you are only allowed to take one exam per exam session).
- If you are not able to take the test on the days offered by George Fox University, you can browse for local testing locations on the CLEP Test Center Search webpage.
- $80 - payable to CLEP when you register on the College Board website
- $15 - payable to George Fox University by cash or check ONLY on the day of the test
- $95 - total cost
- NOTE: There is a $15 surcharge for returned checks.
George Fox University Newberg campus - Murdock Learning Resource Center (Campus Library), basement floor. Campus Map
Preparing for the Exam
- Refer to the course equivalency information listed above.
- Examinations may not be repeated within three months of the testing date.
- CLEP test prep materials available through public libraries, local bookstores, or college bookstores. CLEP exams reflect introductory college courses.
- Visit the College Board website for: downloadable individual subject study guides ($10 each) and the CLEP Sampler (free demo). Both of these items are found in the CLEP Official Study Guide. George Fox University students may check out this guide from the Newberg campus library for two days at a time.
- Other CLEP Study Resources:
Day of the Exam
- One form of ID (see policy below)
- Your "registration ticket" from your CLEP My Account registration portal
- $15 payment to George Fox University
CLEP ID Policy
- Current passport with name photograph, and signature
- Valid driver's license with name, photograph, and signature
- State or Province ID issued by the motor vehicle agency with name, photograph, and signature
- Military ID with name, photograph, and signature
- National ID with name, photograph, and signature
- A tribal ID card with name, photograph, and signature
- A naturalization card or certificate of citizenship with name, photograph, and signature
- A Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) with name, photograph, and signature
- If the student is a minor and unable to provide a primary government issued ID, the the College Board ID Form must be used for the primary ID. This form must include a recognizable photo, and the school or notary seal must overlap the photo. The student must sign the ID form in the presence of their couselor or principal. The student will be asked to sign the ID form again at the test center. This form is valid only in the United States test centers. It must be dated and is good for only one year. Contact CLEP Services for information on obtaining the College Board ID form.