BYU/LSU - College Level Examination Program
Newberg Campus Test Dates:
We offer the following examination dates:
April 16, 2014 - 1:30pm to 3:30pm (BYU and LSU exams only)
May 13, 2014 - 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
May 27, 2014 - 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
June 12, 2014 - 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
June 24, 2014 - 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.Available tests
- English Composition with Essay will be replaced by College Composition
- English Composition will be replaced by College Composition Modular.
- Freshman College Composition will be replaced by College Composition Modular.
Both of the new examinations will assess writing skills taught in most first-year college composition courses. Please visit the CLEP Web site for more information http://professionals.collegeboard.com/higher-ed/placement/clep/policy/composition
How to Register for a CLEP Exam
- 1. Select an exam by browsing our available tests and course equivalencies listed above.
- 2. Register for your exam through the College Board website (you have 6 months after you register to complete your CLEP test).
- 3. Sign up with George Fox for a testing date (you are only allowed to take one exam per exam session).
- If you are not able to take the test on the days offered by George Fox University, you can browse for local testing locations on the CLEP Test Center Search webpage.
- $80 - payable to CLEP when you register on the College Board website
- $15 - payable to George Fox University by cash or check ONLY on the day of the test
- $95 - total cost
- NOTE: There is a $15 surcharge for returned checks.
George Fox University Newberg campus - Murdock Learning Resource Center (Campus Library), basement floor. Campus Map
Preparing for the Exam
- Refer to the course equivalency information listed above.
- Examinations may not be repeated within six months of the testing date.
- CLEP test prep materials available through public libraries, local bookstores, or college bookstores. CLEP exams reflect introductory college courses.
- Visit the College Board website for: downloadable individual subject study guides ($10 each) and the CLEP Sampler (free demo). Both of these items are found in the CLEP Official Study Guide. George Fox University students may check out this guide from the Newberg campus library for two days at a time.
- Other CLEP Study Resources:
Day of the Exam
- Two forms of ID (see policy below)
- Your "registration ticket" from you CLEP My Account registration portal
- $15 payment to George Fox University
CLEP ID Policy
- Current passport with name photograph, and signature
- Valid driver's license with name, photograph, and signature
- State or Province ID issued by the motor vehicle agency with name, photograph, and signature
- National ID with name, photograph, and signature
- A tribal ID card
- A naturalization card or certificate of citizenship
- If the student is a minor and unable to provide a primary government issued ID, the the College Board ID Form may be used for the primary ID. This form must include a recognizable photo, and the school seal must overlap the photo. The student must sign the ID form in the presence of their couselor or principal. The student will be asked to sign the ID form again at the test center. This form is valid only in the United States test centers. It must be dated and is good for only one year. Contact CLEP Services for information on obtaining the College Board ID form.
- A current Student ID
- A military ID (Common Access Card)
- An unused ID from the primary choices above