I am looking ahead to my ...
Start at Fox
Genesis is a great opportunity for you to see the campus, meet with a faculty advisor to discuss your educational plans, and register for classes. Check out more here.
The Daily Bruin is a great way to stay up on what is going on around campus. You may view it a few ways.
Through the Website - You may go to The Daily Bruin website. Click here to read the up-to-date news.
Through Email - Go to The Daily Bruin website and click the envelope link next to the appropriate announcements. The Daily Bruin will be sent to the email address you request.
Archive Daily Bruin is available online as well.
- Log into MyGFU
- Select Self-Service
- Select Student Center
- On the right-hand side of the page under enrollment resources, select required enrollment forms
- Select Meal Plan
- Fill out form and submit
Payment for your education may include a variety of sources including scholarships, grants, and loans. The Student Financial Services office is here to help you move through the process of applying for various kinds of financial aid and payment plans.
Advising is key to your experience at George Fox. If you were able to attend Genesis you were able to meet with a progam advisor and develop your course schedule for your first year. If you were not able to attend Genesis we want to make sure you get the assistance you need to make wise decisions regarding your class schedule so you make appropriate progress toward your degree completion. Here are some general guidelines you can use to help you determine which classes to take your first year.
As well as the general guidelines we have four year course plans for each of our majors. This will give you additional insight into building your class schedule for your first, and subsequent, years.
Another great resource available for your use in MyGFU is My Academic Requirements, which lists all the requirements necessary for your degree. This can be found under Self Service, choose Degree Progress/Graduation, and then My Academic Requirements.
Available classes are listed on our course schedule. Select the correct term and UG before you select load.
As you plan your class schedule it will be important to understand certain registration policies and deadlines. Check out the Registrar's Office website for the exact dates. For additional information, you may contact the appropriate person in the Registrar's Office.
Once you have your class schedule, our George Fox bookstore can help you find the required textbooks. You can determine which books are required for your classes and order them on our online bookstore website.
Check out our student employee page for information.
Welcome Weekend is a three and a half day program designed to assist you in your transition to George Fox University. Welcome Weekend begins at noon on the Thursday before classes start. Check out more here.
We can recommend several steps to help you be successful in your studies. Check them out.
If you have all your transcripts mailed to George Fox before you arrive on campus for Genesis, your degree audit will reflect those courses we accept in transfer.
- Transfer policies- If you have any questions, please contact the appropriate person in the Registrar's Office.
- Advising resources.
- AP credit - Have all your AP transcripts sent to George Fox University. If you haven't requested that already, you may contact CollegeBoard to have an official transcript sent.
- CLEP exams are available on the Newberg campus once a month throughout the summer and twice a month during the academic year. They are also available at several college campuses. The general exams are only available for first time freshmen through their first semester. Once that semester is complete, the subject exams will be the only exams available.
- If you intend to take other transfer coursework before you enter George Fox University, please check out this website for additional information. We have posted several community college transfer guides from Oregon and Washington. If the school you are taking your coursework from is not on our list follow the directions listed here.
Pre-Registration or Other Verification Needs
To verify future registration or for any other reason not discussed above, bring or send their form or our form to the Registrar's office. We will need about two weeks to process the verification.
UPK Showing "Click by Click" Software Instructions (Choose See It! Use your key to advance the screens more quickly.