When It’s Time For Change…
The start of the 2010-11 academic year brings with it significant changes in Alumni Relations. In the coming months, you will begin to see and hear about new events, new opportunities for engagement, new communication tools, and a number of other new initiatives, some of which are highlighted in this issue of eBruin. The Alumni Relations staff is working hard to make it easier than ever before for you to stay connected with George Fox University and other alumni. And speaking of our staff, that’s changed too!
There is no way to properly highlight all the changes taking place in this one eBruin column, but I do want to share a few of the exciting highlights:
- Homecoming is moving to the fall! Starting in 2011, our annual Homecoming celebration will no longer take place during the dreariness of February, but will shift to the glorious early fall. This provides the opportunity for an expanded schedule of events and virtually eliminates weather-related issues that many alumni have had in returning to campus in the winter. You can read more about Homecoming in the News Section of eBruin.
- Introducing Bruin Madness! We know that our alumni love to cheer on the Bruins basketball teams. The Saturday night games have long been an alumni favorite during Homecoming. With that event shifting to the fall, we are creating the all-new, family-friendly Bruin Madness for alumni to cheer the bruins on to victory! This new event takes place February 5. Read more about Bruin Madness in the Events Section of eBruin.
- Regional Events. This year Alumni Relations is coming to you! In order to connect with more alumni, and create more opportunities for the George Fox community to come together, we will be hosting a series of events in the greater Seattle/Puget Sound, Boise, and Central Oregon areas. Events will also take place in other areas from time to time. Watch your mail and inbox for more information about upcoming events in your area.
- Online Directory Coming Soon! It’s been several years since our previous online directory was shuttered, and a new version has been in development since. Watch for information on its launch coming soon. This new system will allow you to track down your former classmates, and help you reconnect quickly.
- A new Assistant Director! With the retirement of long-time Alumni Assistant, Vickie Timmons, Alumni Relations has hired Anna (Ward) Philipsen ’09 as the new Assistant Director of Alumni Relations. Anna is an incredible addition to the team who has already made a significant impact on the Alumni Relations programs in just three months. If you ever have a question about anything alumni, Anna is happy to help out! You can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like I said, there is a lot of new taking place in Alumni Relations. I believe that these changes will help us serve you better by creating enhanced opportunities for you to stay connected to your alma mater!
Director of Alumni Relations