Be Known at a National University
George Fox has a well-earned reputation for being a standout Christian university. Consider our following national distinctions:
- Forbes ranks George Fox among the nation’s top 150 colleges, as the No. 2 school in Oregon and as the No. 4 institution in the Pacific Northwest in its 2011 “America’s Best Colleges” rankings. George Fox also ranked among the top three schools in the 110-member Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.
- Forbes also placed George Fox in the top 10 of its “Best Religiously Affiliated Colleges.” The list included Boston College (No. 2), Kenyon College (No. 3) and Notre Dame (No. 5). Forbes wrote, “Although many colleges and universities featured on the list boast mostly historic ties to faith, others, such as George Fox University, feel that spiritual growth is an essential part of a well-rounded education.”
- George Fox is the only Christian university in the Pacific Northwest classified by U.S. News & World Report as a “National University," and in 2010 U.S. News ranked George Fox in the first tier of its "Best National Universities" category.
- George Fox is ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the nation's leaders in percentage of students who study abroad. Almost half of our undergraduate students experience international education.
- Washington Monthly magazine rated George Fox second in the nation among Christian universities in its annual rankings.
- The university is one of 100 institutions selected for the John Templeton Foundation “Honor Roll for Character-Building Colleges.”