Admission Procedures and Policies for Transfer Students
- Apply online and visit our admissions page for admissions and application requirements.
- Complete the Application for Admission. A $40 application fee will be due at the time of a submitted online application (if after Nov. 1 Early Action Deadline). The priority due date is March 1 for fall semester and Nov. 1 for spring semester.
- Request an official transcript from each college where previously registered. An applicant may also be asked to furnish a high school transcript.
- Transfer students applying for admission during the first year out of high school should submit entrance examination scores. The Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT) will be accepted. You will also need to submit your final high school transcript.
- Have one recommendation form completed and sent to the admissions office. A student must be free from academic or behavioral probation or suspension at all colleges previously attended to be eligible for admission to George Fox University. Soon after the admission file is completed, the applicant is notified of the Admissions Committee's decision.
- If applying for financial aid, a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be submitted online at fafsa.ed.gov as soon after Oct. 1 as possible. The George Fox code for FAFSA is 003194. Forms may be obtained from your current college financial aid office or by writing to Student Financial Services at George Fox University. After students have been accepted for admission, they are considered for financial assistance. To permit maximum consideration for financial aid, it is recommended that the application process be completed by March 1.
- An enrollment deposit of $300 must be submitted by each new student. This deposit reserves housing and a place in the registration sequence, so the deposit should be submitted as soon as possible following notification of acceptance. Until May 1, it is refundable by written request. After May 1 a deposit is not refundable. The spring semester enrollment deposit deadline is Dec. 1 and is not refundable after that date.
Transfer credit policies can be found here.