Semesters Off Campus
Students enrolled at George Fox University may enrich their learning experience and in some cases fulfill important requirements for their major or minor by participating in one of the approved programs listed below. For those approved to participate, the cost is similar to staying on campus. Complete information about the programs and the application processes is available in the Center for Study Abroad and on the George Fox University website.
- Student must have sophomore standing, including 31 semester hours completed, at the time of application for a semester off campus. Exceptions may be made if necessary for completion of a student's major requirements.
- Student must be enrolled at George Fox for a full academic year prior to participation in a semester off campus. Exceptions may be made if necessary for completion of a student's major requirements.
- Student must be in good standing with Student Life.
- Student must be current with student financial accounts.
- Student must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 to apply for a semester off campus. Exceptions will be granted to students in good academic standing if a semester off campus is required for completion of the student's major or minor requirements. Students applying to the Scholars' Semester in Oxford must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5.
- GPA will be one of the factors considered by the committee that selects George Fox students to participate in the Semesters Off Campus programs.
- Meet with your academic advisor to determine the impact on completing the major and other graduation requirements.
- Obtain the application form from the Center for Study Abroad or the George Fox website.
- Submit the form and its required attachments (faculty recommendation, transcript request, essay on your interest in the program) as well as the required signatures from various offices on campus to the registrar's office. The materials are due at the end of the first week of classes in the spring semester.
After the deadline, the Off Campus Selection Committee meets to review the applications and accepts or rejects them, based on the requirements listed above. The director of global studies then notifies the applicants of their acceptance or rejection.