- Allied Health
- Applied Science
- Graphic Design
- Studio Arts
- Fashion Design & Interior Design
- Athletic Training
- Biblical Studies
- Cell & Molecular Biology
- Ecology & Field Biology
- General Biology
- Systems & Structural Biology
- Business majors
- Global Business
- Christian Ministries
- Church Recreation
- Educational Ministry
- Youth Ministry
- Cinema/Media Communication
- Audio Production
- Film Studies
- Cognitive Science
- Communication Arts
- Computer Science
- Elementary Education
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Family & Consumer Sciences
- Health and Human Performance
- Fitness Management
- Health Pre-teaching
- Physical Education Pre-teaching
- Information Systems
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- International Studies
- Theory and Composition
- Music Education
- Organizational Communication
Christian Ministries Major
Common Career Paths
- Pastoral and youth ministry
- Bible translation
- Christian camping
- Military chaplaincy
Sensing a call to serve God and others in full-time Christian service? George Fox University’s bachelor’s degree in Christian Ministries enables graduates to succeed in ministry, whether in formal church settings, Christian camping, youth ministry, missions, education or parachurch organizations, or in service-related professions like nursing, counseling or social work.
Possible fields of emphasis include educational ministry, missions, youth ministry and church recreation.
At the center of the program is the conviction that the Christian faith is relevant to all of life. Our professors draw from the best of George Fox’s evangelical and Quaker heritage. Their research includes historical social justice issues; theological and historical studies in the Wesleyan tradition; and Christianity and culture.
Request information about the Christian ministries major at George Fox University or apply now to begin your education at Oregon's Christian university, ranked as one of the top Christian colleges in the nation by Forbes.
Christian Ministries majors will find themselves both qualified and sought after for positions in churches, including youth and educational ministers, associate pastors and other pastoral roles. They have frequently enjoyed positions in camping and recreational programs, and will also find an easy transition to training in counseling at the certificate or graduate level.
Positions Christian ministries majors have held
- Night Ministry, Portland Rescue Mission
- Nurse, Sisters of Providence
- Youth Minister, 2nd Street Community Church
- Dentist, La Clinica
- Translator, Wycliffe Bible Translators
- Chaplain, United States Air Force
- Adjunct Professor, University of Notre Dame
- Missionary in Indonesia, Wycliffe Bible Translators
- Principal, Newman Catholic Middle/High School
- English Teacher in Rwanda, Rwanda Yearly Meeting of Friends
Graduate schools to which Christian ministries majors have been accepted
- Gordon-Conwell Seminary
- University of Edinburgh
- Princeton Theological Seminary
- Dallas Theological Seminary
- Yale Divinity School
- University of Notre Dame
- Eastern University
- University of Nebraska
- University of Portland, School of Nursing
- Oregon Health & Science University, School of Dentistry
Internships Christian ministries majors have held
- Mission Year
- 2nd Street Community Church, Newberg, Ore.
- Dundee Covenant Church, Dundee, Ore.
- Love, INC, Newberg, Ore.
- Friendsview Retirement Community, Newberg, Ore.
- Minuteman Community
VideosSteve Sherwood - 'Hosea'
Points of Distinction
- Faculty members have real-life ministry experience.
- Our programs prepare students for a life of service, not only “professional” ministry positions.
- Our faculty is gender-inclusive.
- Programs include perspectives on social justice issues, peace and reconciliation.
- Students are prepared for graduate and post-graduate studies.
Why George Fox?
- Christ-centered community
Our faith influences everything we do here, from the way our professors teach to the way we relate to one another and serve in the community.
- Global opportunities
Half of George Fox undergraduate students study abroad. That ranks in the top 50 out of 1,400 American colleges!
- Small classes
Our 13-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio means you’ll get to know your professors on a personal level.
- National recognition
George Fox University is a Christian university classified by U.S. News & World Report as a first-tier regional university, and Forbes ranks George Fox among the highest Christian colleges in the country.