Engineering majors at George Fox University get the hands-on training that will lead to rewarding careers in any number of fields related to the engineering profession.
As an engineer major, you'll learn to design products that impact us daily. From artificial limbs to cell phone networks to aircraft controls, the innovation of engineers touches nearly every part of the human experience. At George Fox, our engineering majors build microprocessors, engines, MP3 equalizers, talking alarm clocks, and much more. And they do so in a Christian college environment in which faith is integrated with learning.
Choose from four concentrations:
Learn the fundamentals of electrical engineering and computer science, studying everything from microprocessors and supercomputers to avionics, robotics, and graphics processing.
Explore the behavior of electrical devices, circuits and systems. You see electrical engineering in cell phones, microchips, robots and wireless networks.
Are you mechanically inclined? Mechanical engineers design and develop equipment such as robotic devices, alternative energy systems, machinery, prosthetics and jet propulsion systems.
From highways to bridges, to buildings, water supply and wastewater treatment plants, civil engineers plan, design and construct solutions that address the basic needs of everyday human existence.
Request information about the engineering major at George Fox University or apply now to begin your education at Oregon's Christian university, ranked as one of the top Christian colleges in the nation by Forbes.
Engineering majors hold eight of the top 10 spots on the list of top-paid majors for 2014 graduates, according to an April 2014 salary survey conducted by the National Association of Colleges and Employers. Job growth for engineers is expected to rise, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, due to an infrastructure that continues to age (civil engineering), the ever-increasing demand for highly skilled computer scientists, and the ability of electrical and mechanical engineers to develop and apply new technologies. “Job prospects may be best for those who stay abreast of the most recent advances in technology,” notes the BLS.
- Electrical Failure Analysis Engineer, Intel
- Electrical Engineer, Boeing
- Embedded Software Design Engineer, Tektronix
- Semiconductor Design Engineer, Teradyne
- Reliability Engineer, Lattice Semiconductor
- Various engineering positions, Daimler Trucks North America
- Mechanical Engineer, Puget Sound Naval Shipyard
- Applications Engineer, MCAD Technologies
- Structural and Payload Engineer, Boeing
- Development Engineer, Contech Engineered Solutions
- Project Engineer, Anderson Construction
- Civil Design Engineer, KPFF Consulting Engineers
- A-dec, Newberg, Ore.
- Teradyne, Portland
- CUI, Portland
- Intel, Beaverton, Ore.
- Boeing, Seattle, Wash.
- Lattice Semiconductor, Portland
- HP, Boise, Idaho
- 3D Systems, Wilsonville, Ore.
- Tektronix, Beaverton, Ore.
- Climax, Newberg, Ore.
- Cascade Steel, McMinnville, Ore.
- Biotronik, Beaverton, Ore.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- California Institute of Technology
- University of Washington
- Oregon State University
- University of Georgia
- Purdue University
- Texas A&M
Points of Distinction
- Students receive rigorous training in both technical and life skills.
- Hands-on learning is a major component of the curriculum.
- Students are given the opportunity to use their technical gifts to help others through the Servant Engineering program.
- A Christian worldview is integrated throughout the program.
Why George Fox?
- Christ-centered community
Our faith influences everything we do here, from the way our professors teach to the way we relate to one another and serve in the community.
- Global opportunities
Nearly half of George Fox undergraduate students study abroad. That ranks in the top 60 out of 1,800 American colleges!
- Small classes
Our 14-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio means you'll get to know your professors on a personal level.
- National recognition
George Fox University is a Christian university classified by U.S. News & World Report as a first-tier regional university, and Forbes ranks George Fox among the highest Christian colleges in the country.
Engineering Student Experiences
“George Fox has academically prepared me and other engineers beyond the expectations of the industry. I feel very blessed to have received such a firm understanding of the basics so that I could enter the industry ready to grow even more.”
- Zachery Koppert ('13)
“It wasn’t that difficult for me to find a job after graduation, knowing that I had a great degree. [Employers] really knew that they could count on my education. ... The best decision I ever made was to go to George Fox for engineering.”
- Daniela Makowski ('12)