In today’s uncertain job market, a bachelor’s degree in a business discipline is a necessity. That’s why a degree in finance from George Fox University is so valuable – it gives you the tools you’ll need to be successful in a complex, ever-changing business world.
Our 60-semester-hour course of study will give you the necessary management skills required for analyzing and executing the financial aspects of managerial decisions. Graduates of our finance major are prepared for careers in corporate financial management, personal financial planning and investment services. The major’s course of study includes classes in international finance, investments, financial analysis and strategy, and financial markets and institutions.
Our students are also prepared for graduate training in business or other areas. They have gone on to earn their MBAs, start their own companies and become successful executives in all sectors of business.
Request more information about the finance major at George Fox University or schedule a visit to begin your education at Oregon's Christian university, ranked as one of the top Christian colleges in the nation by Forbes.
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Campus Virtual Tour
- Campus Life
- Prospective Students
- Visit Campus
- Contact Us
- Important Dates
Employment opportunities in the financial sector are expected to grow faster than average during the next five to 10 years – especially careers in personal finance. A more complex financial environment coupled with an increasing number of baby boomers who need to invest their retirement savings wisely both contribute to this positive outlook. Solid knowledge of financial products and statistical techniques combined with strong relational skills will lead to high employment demand.
- Financial Representative, Country Financial
- Finance Manager, Microsoft
- Accountant, KPMG
- Account Manager, Standard Insurance
- VP, Product Line Manager, Nike
- Partner/Financial Consultant (CFP), Frazier Hunnicutt Financial
- Manager, Chase Bank
- Account Executive, Waggener Edstrom Worldwide
- Account Representative, AT&T
- Staff Accountant, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Consultant, Deloitte
- University of Illinois
- Oregon State University
- Northern Illinois University
- Azusa Pacific University
- Paris School of Business
- City University London
- The Ohio State University
- Syracuse University
- Colorado State University
- Texas Tech University
- San Diego State University
- Federal Reserve Bank (Washington, DC)
- American Family Insurance
- Marcus & Millichap Real Estate Investment Services
- Hope International
- Open Arms International
- USAID (Ghana)
“Coming to George Fox I was one of the few honest freshmen – an undecided major. After my business intro class though, I finally found where my passion was. I hesitate to think about what I’d do without the School of Business at George Fox, and I know my future is so much more open because of my involvement here.”
- Alex OpBroek (’12)
“Perhaps the greatest thing I have received from my education at George Fox is confidence. I am confident that I will know how to handle any type of situation I face later in life and that I will be able to integrate my faith in the world of business.”
- Luke Thompson (’12)
Points of Distinction
- Students will learn about financial management from both a personal and corporate perspective.
- Small, student-focused classes allow for personal attention from professors.
- Our faculty are active in their field and have been published in top-tier business journals.
- Students will be presented with a curriculum that is firmly rooted in business ethics.
- Students will benefit from the strong financial marketplace connections that are maintained by the College of Business.
Why George Fox?
Our faith influences everything we do here, from the way our professors teach to the way we relate to one another and serve in the community.
Nearly half of George Fox undergraduate students study abroad. That ranks in the top 60 out of 1,800 American colleges!
George Fox has been recognized as a top-tier university by publications like Forbes, U.S. News & World Report and Kiplinger’s Personal Finance.
ACBSP is the premier accrediting association for business schools and programs with a focus on teaching excellence and what occurs in the classroom.