- Allied Health
- Applied Science
- Graphic Design
- Studio Arts
- Fashion Design & Interior Design
- Athletic Training
- Biblical Studies
- Cell & Molecular Biology
- Ecology & Field Biology
- General Biology
- Systems & Structural Biology
- Business majors
- Global Business
- Christian Ministries
- Church Recreation
- Educational Ministry
- Youth Ministry
- Cinema/Media Communication
- Audio Production
- Film Studies
- Cognitive Science
- Communication Arts
- Computer Science
- Elementary Education
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Family & Consumer Sciences
- Health and Human Performance
- Fitness Management
- Health Pre-teaching
- Physical Education Pre-teaching
- Information Systems
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- International Studies
- Theory and Composition
- Music Education
- Organizational Communication
Health and Human Performance Major
Are you interested in sports, exercise science or wellness? George Fox University’s health and human performance major – with one of its three concentrations – gives you a comprehensive science-based education and clinical foundation in a Christian college setting.
Study health and nutrition, the biomechanical principles of human motion and motor learning, and gain techniques for teaching skills, stunts, games and sports.
In addition to the health-related courses, you’ll take general education classes ranging from Bible and humanities to communication and mathematics.
Choose from three concentrations:
Ideal for those interested in working in health clubs, corporate and personal fitness instructor settings, or community recreation programs. Upon graduation, you’ll be ready to operate your own fitness facility or work as a personal trainer in private, public and corporate fitness centers.
Take the first step toward becoming a teacher. Curriculum emphasizes a wellness theme that incorporates individual responsibility and promotes a healthy lifestyle.
Physical Education Preteaching*
Focuses on skills acquisition and teaching methodology pertaining to team and individual sports and lifetime recreation.
* Those who graduate with one of the two preteaching concentrations then enroll in a master of arts in teaching program. Both concentrations, when combined with an MAT program, prepare you to teach K-12 health or physical education or to obtain positions in community, public health, and health promotion settings.
Request information about the health and human performance major at George Fox University or apply now to begin your education at Oregon's Christian university, ranked as one of the top Christian colleges in the nation by Forbes.
Graduates of our program are …
- Teaching at the college and high school levels
- Operating their own fitness facilities
- Working at YMCAs and health clubs
- Serving as certified athletic trainers
- Employed as physical therapists and clinical dieticians
George Fox University is a Christian university classified by U.S. News & World Report as a first-tier regional university, and Forbes ranks George Fox among the highest Christian colleges in the country.