If working as a marketing professional is your career goal, a bachelor’s degree in marketing from George Fox University is the first step toward making it a reality. Upon graduation, our students are prepared to pursue careers that include management-level jobs in marketing, sales, retail merchandising, promotions, product development, marketing research and international marketing.
In the marketing major’s 60-semester-hour course of study, you will learn and discuss topics ranging from target market analysis and communication strategies to product pricing, consumer behavior and global marketing.
Our graduates are prepared for professional careers or for graduate training in business or other areas. They have gone on to earn their MBAs, start their own companies and become successful executives in all sectors of business.
Request more information about the marketing major at George Fox University or schedule a visit to begin your education at Oregon's Christian university, ranked as one of the top Christian colleges in the nation by Forbes.
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Campus Virtual Tour
- Campus Life
- Prospective Students
- Visit Campus
- Contact Us
- Important Dates
Growth in the field of marketing is expected to be very high over the next 10 years, fueled primarily by an increased use of data and market research across a variety of industries. Businesses must understand the needs and wants of customers in order to experience continued growth. This requires a strong marketing presence in all levels of management and operations.
- Product Line Manager, ISI, Inc.
- Creative Director, Nike
- Customer Service Specialist, Nike
- Sales Territory Manager, Intel
- Store Manager, Sherwin Williams
- Website Manager, Waggener Edstrom Worldwide
- Social Media Content Manager, Nike
- Store Manager, Nordstrom
- Real Estate Broker, Prudential Northwest Properties
- University of Illinois
- Oregon State University
- Northern Illinois University
- Azusa Pacific University
- Paris School of Business
- City University London
- The Ohio State University
- Syracuse University
- Colorado State University
- Texas Tech University
- San Diego State University
- Freebird Digital
- Bob’s Red Mill
- Reser’s Fine Food
- Bank of America
“My education at George Fox has included many great experiences, but two stand out most in my mind: the international education I received – learning about global markets from professors that have had experience in many different countries – along with the friendships I have been blessed to develop with professors. The ability to have genuine conversations with them has strengthened my education tremendously.”
- Garrett LoVerde (’13)
“Ninety percent of my visits to various professors’ offices had nothing to do with the classes I had with them. I had one advisor on record, but I have used many of the business professors as advisors in my life outside the classroom. Without them, I would not be on the same track that I am on now.”
- Tyler Richwine (’12)
Points of Distinction
- Students will engage in real-world projects that offer invaluable experience and provide a competitive edge in the job market.
- Classes focus on all aspects of marketing, from traditional outlets to social media and beyond.
- A strong global business focus ensures a well-rounded education and gives graduates a competitive edge in the job market.
- Students will be presented with a curriculum that is firmly rooted in business ethics.
Why George Fox?
Our faith influences everything we do here, from the way our professors teach to the way we relate to one another and serve in the community.
Nearly half of George Fox undergraduate students study abroad. That ranks in the top 60 out of 1,800 American colleges!
George Fox University is a Christian university classified by U.S. News & World Report as a first-tier regional university, and Forbes ranks George Fox among the highest Christian colleges in the country.
ACBSP is the premier accrediting association for business schools and programs with a focus on teaching excellence and what occurs in the classroom.