At George Fox, you will find …
14:1 Faculty-Student Ratio: Small classes mean George Fox students get to know their professors
George Fox is ranked by Forbes among the top Christian colleges in America. We've been named a "Best Value" school based upon a formula that relates a school's academic quality to the net cost of attendance, and in 2014 Money and Washington Monthly magazines recognized George Fox on their respective "The Best Colleges for Your Money" and "Best Bang for the Buck" lists.
At George Fox, you aren’t a number – you are valued as an individual. Our faculty members know you by name, value your uniqueness, and are willing to mentor you. Our 14-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio is one of the best among universities of all sizes on the West Coast.
Our faculty includes Fulbright Scholars and published authors who’ve written about everything from psychology to science fiction. Most importantly, our professors are committed to the integration of faith and learning and to making Christ’s teachings relevant within all academic disciplines.
An enviable location
George Fox is located in Newberg, Ore., a friendly small town of 22,000 just a short drive from Portland, the Oregon beaches and the slopes of Mt. Hood. If you haven't visited our big, tree-shaded campus, we invite you to do so. To schedule a visit, call our visit coordinator at 800-765-4369, ext. 2249.
We also offer …
- A subsidized study-abroad program that has taken students to every continent but Antarctica. We rank among the top 60 out of 1,400 American colleges in study-abroad participation. Nearly half of our undergraduates participate in an international experience.
- Opportunities to get involved in the lives of local and global neighbors through international and regional service trips and our annual all-campus Serve Day
- Student clubs in art, business, international affairs, missions and ministry, music, sociology/social work, theatre, and more.
- The opportunity to compete in NCAA Division III athletics with eight men’s sports and nine women’s. We’re proud that our baseball and women’s basketball teams have both recently won national titles. We added intercollegiate football and women's lacrosse in 2014.
Ultimately, we are a school that teaches, not just by books but by example – a university that cares not only how much you learn, but also about what kind of person you will become.
If you are interested in attending Oregon’s Christian university, George Fox is committed to making it possible. Our generous financial aid program provides 100 percent of our students with some combination of scholarships, loans and student employment. We rank among the top third in our national university category for serving lower-income students.Financial aid
Average Financial Aid Package
Financial Aid: What We Offer
- Merit Scholarships: Automatically awarded to qualified admitted students based on academic performance, including SAT or ACT scores, class rank and GPA. These awards are granted upon admission into the university.
These scholarships are most accurate when GPA, high school rank and test scores are all entered.
- Competitive Scholarships: Students are invited to campus to compete for scholarships in their chosen major or for their accomplishments in leadership.
- Need-Based Grants: After filing the FAFSA, a student's eligibility is evaluated for grants from both George Fox University and the federal government.
- Work-Study: Students are able to earn money toward their educational expenses through work at an on-campus job.
- Student Loans: Students and parents can borrow money to make a George Fox education possible.