Doctor of Education Admission Requirements
- Evidence of an approved, regionally accredited master’s degree in education or related field, with a GPA of at least 3.25 on a 4.0 scale
- Evidence of at least three years of relevant professional experience
How to Apply
To complete your application and be eligible for file review, please submit the following:
- Online Application:
- The Educational Foundations and Leadership Application can be found online here. You may also choose to download and submit a paper application.
- Application Fee:
- A $40 non-refundable fee is required to apply.
- Personal Essay:
- Three to five pages in length. See Admissions Essay Guidelines.
- Required TSPC Forms:
- Submit completed and signed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit current professional résumé to email@example.com.
- Three Reference Forms:
- Three professional references comprised of BOTH a letter and the Graduate Program Reference Form. The written letter should address your fit for the program. One reference should be from your current supervisor.
- Submit a copy of your current teaching or administrative license (both if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants desiring the EdD degree who do not have a teaching license should submit a letter of explanation as to how the EdD fits with their professional goals.
- Official (Unopened) Transcripts:
- Submit an official transcript from every regionally accredited college or university where you completed even a single course. Transcripts should be mailed to the address below:
Office of Admissions
George Fox University
12753 S.W. 68th Ave.
Portland, OR 97223
- Academic Writing Sample:
- Submit evidence of scholarly work (a copy of a master’s thesis). If you did not write a thesis or research paper for your master’s program, then please contact the admissions counselor for directions.
- GRE or MAT Test Scores: Submit official test scores from either the General Test of Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
International Students: Additional requirements for International Students are online here.
All application items can be mailed, or sent electronically to email@example.com.
- Fall Application Deadline: October 8, 2013*
- Spring Application Deadline: March 15, 2014*
* Applications may be reviewed after the priority application date on a space-available basis. Please contact your admissions counselor for more information.
Once Your Application is Complete
All application items must be submitted by the application deadline. The Doctor fo Education faculty will then review all completed files and selected applicants will be invited to an on-campus interview. The 2014 Spring Interview date is April 5, 2014.
Students who are admitted after the Fall Deadline may choose to begin elective coursework in Spring Semester. The core curriculum begins once each year in July.
- If accepted, a $200 non-refundable enrollment deposit is required. More information about the enrollment deposit is available online here.
- Financial Aid: Many of the students in our program receive federal Stafford Loans to help finance their education. Visit Student Financial Services for information about financial aid and cost to attend.
- Application materials become the property of George Fox University and cannot be returned to the student or transferred to another institution.
- Meeting minimum entrance requirements of a given program does not guarantee admission.
- Admission may be granted to applicants who do not meet all admission requirements at the minimal level if other indicators suggest probable success in the program.
For more information about admission to the Doctor of Education program, please contact:
Graduate Admissions Counselor