Educational Specialist Admission Requirements
- Master’s degree in education or related field from a regionally accredited institution
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Minimum of 5 years of full-time teaching experience. (Exceptions may be granted based on GFU faculty recommendation).
- A completed application file as outlined below
How to Apply
- Apply Online: Submit the Educational Specialist (EDFL) application online here or download and submit to email@example.com. A $40 non-refundable fee is required to submit the application.
- Personal Essay: Two to three pages in length. See Admissions Essay guidelines.
- Required TSPC Forms: Submit completed and signed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Other Forms: Submit completed and signed to email@example.com.
- Résumé: Submit current professional résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reference Forms: Submit three professional references comprised of both a written letter and the completed Reference Form.
- One Letter must assure the applicant will be in a leadership role in a significant school or district initiative.
- One reference should be from the applicant's current supervisor.
- Reference forms from relatives will not be accepted.
- License: Submit a copy of your current teaching or administrative license (both if applicable) to email@example.com.
- IAL or CAL: If you are getting your Initial Administrator License or Continuing Administrator License, please also submit the following forms:
- Official (Unopened) Transcripts: Order official transcripts from every regionally accredited college or university where you completed even a single course. Transcripts should be sent to the address below:
Office of Admissions
George Fox University
12753 S.W. 68th Ave.
Portland, Oregon 97223
Once Your Application is Complete
Upon review of your complete application file, the Graduate Admissions Office will notify you of your admission status and provide you with next steps.
Questions? Contact your admissions counselor for more information:
Inquiry & Application Coordinator