EdS Admission Requirements
Educational Specialist Applicants
- A minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Master’s degree in education or related field from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of full-time teaching experience. (Exceptions may be granted based on GFU faculty recommendation)
- A completed admission file as outlined below
The following items need to be submitted before your file will be considered for admission:
- Educational Specialist (EDFL) application available (online or download )
- $40 non-refundable application fee
- Character Questionnaire form
- Ethical Educator form
- Personal Essay - two to three pages in length. See Admissions Essay guidelines
- Current professional résumé
- Three professional references comprised of both a written letter and the Graduate Program Reference Forms
- One letter must assure the applicant will be in a leadership role in a significant school or district initiative.
- One reference should be from the applicant’s current supervisor.
References from relatives will not be accepted.
- Download the reference form here
- Copy of your current teaching or administrative license (both if applicable).
- One official transcript for every institution from which you were awarded a degree and any institutions from which you received graduate-level credit. An official transcript must be received in a signed, sealed envelope from the originating institution.
- If you are getting your IAL or CAL the following forms are also required:
- Evidence of Educational Research Understanding form
- District Support Form