Become an effective leader in our schools
George Fox’s doctor of education (EdD) program is designed for professional PreK-12 and higher educators who wish to improve their leadership skills and increase their knowledge of ethical, legal, social, political and historical issues as they pertain to public and private education.
The program emphasizes moral leadership and provides reasoned solutions to problems encountered in the process of meeting institutional and community goals. The degree also equips students to use qualitative and quantitative research tools to increase their understanding of the problems encountered in educational organizations. Classes are taught from a Christian worldview.
What we offer
George Fox is one of only seven institutions in Oregon with national accreditation of its education programs.
- Modular, online and intensive summer courses that allow you to complete course work in three academic years and pursue your degree while you continue to work full time.
- Cohorts that give you the option of conducting your studies primarily in a face-to-face setting or in an online format. Cohorts begin in January and July.
- Cutting-edge curriculum that incorporates innovative classroom techniques and computer technologies
- Guidance and support from PhD-level educators
The 63-semester-hour program incorporates five elements
- Moral leadership: An emphasis on training leaders who seek just, effective, and reasoned solutions to problems.
- Specialized interest: Students may complete a specialization by taking additional elective courses, transferring semester hours into their programs, and/or completing practica from teaching endorsements, teaching licenses, and administrative licenses.
- Depth of knowledge: Students take a comprehensive exam to demonstrate their breadth and depth of knowledge.
- Professional development: Projects are designed to qualify students for competencies that are tied to the ability to communicate ideas to diverse stakeholders and to use research effectively when making organizational decisions.
- Problem solving: Students are equipped to write a doctoral dissertation that reveals the ability to use research tools to shed light on important problems.
Oregon Administrative Licenses
Students may earn either of the two PreK-12 Oregon administrative licenses while completing the doctorate of education. A separate admission application is required for either the initial or continuing administrator license.