Become an effective leader in our schools
Become an effective leader
The EdD prepares scholar-practitioners for P-12 and higher education settings to:
- Be leaders who think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion
- Gain critical and research-based skills for excellent and effective teaching
- Become critical consumers of research, so they can practice inquiry and engage in scholarly pursuits
- Become leaders who create and manage a variety of professional partnerships
- Promote the scholarship of teaching by bringing scholarly habits of mind to their work
What we offer
George Fox is one of only seven institutions in Oregon with national accreditation of its education programs.
- A hybrid format that allows you to complete course work in three academic years and pursue your degree while continuing to work full time
- Cutting-edge curriculum that incorporates innovative classroom techniques and computer technologies
- A supportive cohort community that provides students the support they need to be successful during their doctoral studies
- Guidance and support from PhD-level educators. Our faculty are known for developing and training award-winning, nationally recognized, educational leaders. Their academic credentials, decades of collective teaching and administrative experience, and commitment to students have earned George Fox University a national reputation for teaching excellence.
Oregon Administrative Licenses
Students may earn either of the two PreK-12 Oregon administrative licenses while completing the doctorate of education. A separate admission application is required for either the initial or continuing administrator license.