Assistant or Associate Professor of Educational Leadership
OPENING DATE: 9/29/2016
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: August 15 - June 15
START DATE: 8/15/2017
George Fox University announces a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in Doctor of Educational Leadership program with a specialization in higher education, to begin in August 2017. The committee seeks a candidate with significant professional experience as a higher education executive level administrator.
George Fox University, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God's truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith. Individuals who would fit this profile are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching courses in the higher education concentration of the EdD curriculum.
- Chair dissertations and work as a dissertation committee member.
- Ability to integrate faith in teaching, mentoring and scholarly activities.
- Ability to develop and sustain an ongoing program of relevant scholarship appropriate to the position.
- Participation in the work of the department and the university, including advising and serving on university committees as needed.
- A terminal degree from an accredited institution in a relevant field is required.
- A commitment to teaching excellence is essential. Experience teaching online is preferred.
- A commitment to working with a diverse population of students (including students of color, first-generation college students, international students, etc.) is essential; demonstrated experience in this area is preferred.
Salary and Rank
Appointment at the Assistant or Associate Professor level is anticipated. A full-time teaching load consists of 27-credit hours per year within a 10-month contract. Salary and benefits are competitive with comparable institutions.
Candidates should send a complete faculty application (including an integration of faith and learning essay), a curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, and examples of professional work to Dr. Scot Headley, Dean of the College of Education, George Fox University, 414 N. Meridian Street, #6283, Newberg, OR 97132 or via email to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin November 1, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled.