Bachelor of Social Work Field Coordinator
OPENING DATE: Immediate
START DATE: August 15, 2015
George Fox University’s School of Social Work invites applications for the position of Bachelor of Social Work Field Coordinator.
George Fox University, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God's truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith. Individuals who would fit this profile are encouraged to apply for current openings in our faculty.
- Oversee and maintain a high quality undergraduate social work field education program. Direct the development, assessment, and revision of BSW field education curriculum. This will involve administrative responsibilities in collaboration with the Director of Social Work, the Director of Field Education and the BSW Program Coordinator.
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff in the School of Social Work to accomplish the program’s mission, goals, and objectives.
- Develop and implement field education policies and procedures for the BSW field education program.
- In conjunction with the Director of Field Education, establish and maintain a social work advisory board of professionals to guide the development and ongoing operation of the BSW Field Education Program in order to keep it professionally relevant, nurture connections with placement sites, and be a resource for external fundraising.
- Forge partnerships with organizations to establish field internships.
- Work to connect the theoretical and conceptual contribution of the classroom with the practical world of the practice setting by training and maintaining relationships with field supervisors and field liaisons.
- Foster the implementation of evidence-informed practice by working collaboratively with other professionals in the community to solidify field placements
- Insure compliance with CSWE program requirements related to accreditation including annual program reports, website and published materials, periodic program self-study efforts and preparation for CSWE site visits.
- Screen and arrange for the placement of BSW students
- Teach courses within the program and advise students.
- Monitor BSW students in field placement from admission through graduation including:
- monitor student field placement process and maintain field education program policies.
- coordinate the annual BSW student Field Fair.
- oversee accurate and appropriate maintenance of student field files.
- monitor disciplinary, probation and dismissal policies and actions related to field placement.
- maintain good communication with students and provide a fair process for handling student complaints, petitions and concerns.
- Represent the BSW program within professional organizations such as NASW.
- Receive and respond on the department’s behalf with official correspondence with field agencies.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with others, including employees, students and the public, in a spirit of teamwork, respect and customer service.
- By actions, words and lifestyle, be a Christian role model to students, whether through casual contact or in a formal supervisory role.
- Demonstrates awareness, respect and appreciation for diversity of culture, background, race, sex, political views, expressions of faith, etc. and works well with a variety of people.
- Doctoral degree in Social Work or related field preferred.
- Masters of Social Work from a CSWE accredited school.
- Two-years post-Masters practice experience.
- Social work license is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and administrative experience, including fiscal and personnel management experience.
- Evidence of academic scholarship established.
- Demonstrated quality in social work skills and undergraduate-level teaching.
- An evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the institution's goals, including signed agreement with GFU Statement of Faith and Community Lifestyle Statement and being in living agreement with same.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing, including on telephone, and to understand and follow instructions.
Please review the requirements for application and submit the following:
- Letter of interest and professional vitae
- Application, downloaded from the above web site, which includes a one page statement about your personal Christian faith
- Names and contact information for four (4) professional references whom the committee may contact
- Two syllabi
- Teaching evaluations for the last three years
Submit via email to: Dr. Jim Foster email@example.com
Or, via USPS to:
Dr. Jim Foster
Dean, College of Behavioral and Health Sciences George Fox University
414 N. Meridian #6127
Newberg, OR 97132
Review of applications will begin immediately and close when the position is filled. For more information about GFU, consult our web site, www.georgefox.edu. The University’s BSW program is fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
George Fox University seeks to become a more racially and ethnically diverse community. We believe this goal is in keeping with our mission as a Christ-centered community, and so we especially encourage women and candidates in underrepresented groups.