Assistant or Associate Professor of Management
George Fox University announces a tenure-track faculty position in Management.
The College of Business is the largest academic unit by enrollment in the university with approximately 400 undergraduate students, 200 MBA students, and 65 DBA students. Courses for the undergraduate business and economics programs, the full-time MBA program and the DBA program are offered on our main campus in Newberg, Oregon. Courses for the part-time MBA program are offered at our center in Portland (Tigard), Oregon. The College’s programs are accredited by ACBSP.
George Fox University, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony through involvement in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith. Individuals who would fit this profile are encouraged to apply for current openings in our faculty.
George Fox University seeks to become a more racially and ethnically diverse community. We believe this goal, which is described in detail in our Diversity Statement, is in keeping with our mission as a Christ-centered community. We especially encourage applications from women and candidates in underrepresented groups.
- As a Christ centered institution, we seek faculty who are active Christians and have a desire to positively impact students’ lives through teaching, advising and fulfilling the GFU “Be Known” promise to students.
- Undergraduate and graduate teaching opportunities involve delivering courses in management. Applicants should have expertise in and be qualified to teach courses in strategic management and international business/management. In addition, ability to support information systems, economics, or other quantitative classes is desirable. Given appropriate experience, there is also the opportunity to teach in the area of entrepreneurship.
- Opportunities exist to contribute to doctoral dissertations.
- The successful candidate will be expected to develop and sustain a scholarly research agenda.
- The successful candidate will be expected to participate in the work of the College of Business and the university, including academic advising, serving on university committees as needed, and reaching out to the local business community.
- Ph.D. or D.B.A. in Management, Strategy, International Business/Management or related field in business is required. Applicants who are ABD but expect to have an earned doctoral degree by the time of appointment will be considered.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching is essential, including an ability to work with students of diverse backgrounds and learning styles to increase student retention and success.
- A record of relevant scholarship is preferred.
- Practical business experience is preferred.
Salary and Rank
Appointment at the Assistant /Associate Professor level is anticipated. Salary and benefits are competitive with comparable institutions.
Candidates should send all of the following to be considered for the position: a curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, a statement of commitment to the Christian faith, a concise description of research interests, and a complete faculty application.
Please send all materials to Dr. Jim Foster, Interim Dean, College of Business, George Fox University, 414 N. Meridian Street, #6252, Newberg, OR 97132 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Recommendations and other supporting materials may be requested at a later stage of the review process. Review of applications will begin October 1, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled.
George Fox University seeks to become a more racially and ethnically diverse community. We believe this goal is in keeping with our mission as a Christ-centered community, and so we especially encourage women and candidates in underrepresented groups.