Special Programs Director
VP of Events and Activities Committee
The Special Programs Directors will be part of the Activities Committee chaired by the VP of Activities. The Special Programs Director will be responsible for facilitating large scale events such as Mr. Bruin, Lip Sync and Concerts. This includes planning, advertising, execution and budgeting of each event. This person will chair a committee of 1 to assist in the planning of these Special Programs. Other responsibilities include attending weekly meetings with the Activities team, filling out reports of each event, abiding by the GFU community lifestyle standards, and attending the other events put on by the Activities team.
This person must demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills as well as being organized and creative. They should be able to motivate the committee member and able to communicate well.
GPA 2.50 minimum.
7-10 hours per week. Additional time required on activity days.
- Meet with the VP of Activities individually bi-weekly.
- Plan and execute all general activities.
- Establish an assistant and meet weekly.
- Abide by all GFU community lifestyle standards as outlined in the Student Handbook.
- Turn in report of each event, due the week following the event to the VP of Activities.
- Turn in a year-end report to the VP of Activities.
ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend weekly Activities Committee meetings.
- Attend Activities Committee retreats.
- Attend all ASC activities.
STIPEND: Inquire at the ASC offices.