IDEA Center: Partnering with Parents . . .
Family is an important part of each person's career journey. We are glad you are here to check out the opportunities and resources available to you as a parent of a George Fox student. If your student/s is asking questions about deciding on a major, finding internships, looking for employment, wanting to attend graduate school, or finding God's will and purpose for their lives, send them to the IDEA Center. We can help!
Parents' Guide to Career Development
Encourage your students to:
- Take part in career events, such as career/internship fairs and Professional Preview Day.
- Utilize our skill assessments, especially Sigi3 which is free and available through MyGFU.
- Find jobs, internships, and on-campus jobs through BruinCareers, found on MyGFU.
- Build job search tools on Optimal Resume, a MyGFU resource where they can build their resumes, cover letters, portfolios and practice interviews.
- Check out our page on Facebook and our website to stay informed.
- Come into our office for a “Career Conversation”, a time to talk with a career coach/counselor about whatever you want. They can schedule an appointment by e-mailing us, or coming in during our drop-in hours, Tuesday–Wednesday 2 to 4 p.m. and Thursday from 10 a.m. to noon.
Be an active IDEA Center parent by:
- Join a group of Parent Professionals in the After Hours Networking Event on Family Weekend.
- Do you work for an employer who would hire a GFU student or graduate? Send them to the Careers website to post internship and job listings on BruinCareers.
- Participating as a professional in career events such as Professional Preview Day and the Professional Etiquette Dinner.
- Join our LinkedIn group called Georgefox University Parent Professionals.
- Reading Parent Perspectives' Career Corner.
- Joining the Parent Council Career Committee, a committee that assists with getting information to other parents and students, offering ideas and consultation, and working on action items which enhance our vision and operations.
- Contacting Parent Relations to learn more about resources for parents.
- Parent resource: The Unemployed Grad
IDEA Center Resources:
Engage in Career Services, Envision Your Best Future!
414 N. Meridian St. #6009, Newberg, OR 97132
503.554.2330 ● firstname.lastname@example.org
About Career Services | Bruin Career Info | Assessments | Jobs/Internships | Employers & Recruiters